JAP MVS AND HYER 64 QUES

• Thread starter DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
  • Start date
D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

CAN I RUN A HYPER 64 BOARD ON MY JAP NEO 25 CAB? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? WILL A AMERICAN HYPER BOARD RUN ON THE JAP MACH? THANKS

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
As long as you have someplace to put the board. (depending on the layout of your cab the hyper board is a little bit bigger then a 4 slot board and a lot heavier) it will work fine. the button configuration is the same and it is jamma of course.

The only mods you will have to do is a power wiring for the extra power requirements (I grab this from my arcade PS in my cab). You will also need to wire up the sound if you by a older hyper board. But it was not real hard to do as long as you know how to splice wires and rewire things. I basically wire the sound directly to my speakers in tha cab(left and right audio). I use my Neo four slot cab for my hyper cab.

One other thing....Did you know that the dungeon and dragons games on the cps 2 board will also work straight on a neo without any rewiring. The game only uses 4 buttons and it uses it in the Neo configuration not with the extra button harness.

Phil

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

THANKS A MILLION!!!!! YOUVE REALLY HELPED ME OUT!! ANY OTHER BOARDS I CAN THROW IN THAT WILL RUN PHIL? THANKS AGAIN MY FREIND!! SAMHAIN

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

THERES A POST ON THE FORUM SOMEWHERE, I FORGET.BUT THIS CAT IS SAYIN HE HAS A SLOT AND HYPER 64 RUNNING TOGETHER ON A NEO JAP MACHINE. IS THIS POSSIBLE TO HAVE 2 BOARDS RUNNING TOGETHER?

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
They don't run at the same, but I have them both nicely mounted in the cabinet. If I switch between playing the two boards, I just have to unplug the jamma connecter and plug it in to the other board.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

HEY SMOKEYA IS THERE ANYWAY POSSIBLE YOU COULD E MAIL A FELLOW SNK DEVIL A PIK OF YOUR SET UP SO I CAN SEE HOW YA GOT IT? I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT IF YA COULD!! THANKS SAMHAIN

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Any Jamma games that are configured for 4 buttons or less, are a horizontal playing game and uses the joystick will work. Thats what makes Jamma such a great standard. Games like Cadash, Nba jam, POW, Rushin attack and others will also work. For mounting multiple boards you just need to look to see if you have the space to mount the boards and the jamma cable will reach them. I have done the same with my hyper in my cab, but the cab I use has a lot of space to work with .

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
you can run a swtich in the cabnet! this allows you to swtich back and forth! But you will need 2-jamma cabbles and 2- power supplys! but very easy to do!! Are you running a mvs snk cabnet??

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

yes im running a 4 slot in a neo jap 25 cab..thanks u guys! samhain

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
It would be a real bitch to wire up two jamma cables in one cabinet.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

i was thinkin the same thing!!!!! heh,heh,heh,