Hi I'm new. And this is a topic about me being new.

Phosis

New Challenger
Hello.

I have been into video games since I was a kid. I used them to escape the drudgery of the real world, which sucked back then because I lived in a town of a thousand people whose main concern was which kind of bird they were going to shoot on the weekend. As I got older and discovered that alcohol was a much cheaper substitute for making the pain go away, I decided that video games should be a source of entertainment, and something to annoy my wife with. So I started collecting old games and consoles from my childhood. Like the Nintendo. And the Sega Genesis. And to this day, I am still successfully annoying my wife with each and every additional purchase I make.

To further enhance my campaign against my wife, I decided to invest in a Neo Geo. She really hates it, because it cost like 500 dollars for the system and a handful of games. Nam 1975 is the greatest game of all time. It is the best unintentional adaptation of Apocalypse Now I have ever seen. While it lacks the distinct flavor of moral nihilism which the movie depicted, it does instead have cyborgs, and at least one character which bears a striking resemblance to a bloated Marlon Brando. I also like King of Fighters. It has girls with bouncing tits. Trying to annoy the wife? Mission accomplished.

I didn't come here to lurk the marketplace or anything like that. I came because this is one of the first forums I have found concerning video games that doesn't contain a thousand threads of people fellating eachother and saying "YEAH! I KNOW! It's TOTALLY AWESOME!" ad nauseum about X game or console. I don't have a problem with paying a stupid amount of money for one or two games, because I really don't actually spend much time playing them, so it is very seldom that I get bored with a single one. I have been playing Pac-Man everyday for almost two years. I only like to play for about 15 minutes a day. So arcade games work best for me.

I look forward to laughing at, and probably being laughed at by some of you. This forum looks like a lot of fun.