Anyone know how to fix sega saturns?

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Ok I have a model 1 and 2 sega saturn and they both have the same problem.

Both cd drives wont boot up any game, once i insert a cd it goes into the splash screen and then into the cd player menu and it reads the tracks but not boot the game.

I had tried adjusting the sensitvity on the lenses but till no go, anyone had a similar problem or know what to do?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What is the region of the sega saturn? What are the region of the games you are trying to run on your sega saturn?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
This happened to mine and I had a thread about it....

I'll try to find the link later....

I think the consensus was a dying/dead laser and that a laser unit replacement was needed.

..... ugh disc systems.. how they hate us.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
What is the region of the sega saturn? What are the region of the games you are trying to run on your sega saturn?

us region, they are not the awesome japanese systems lol, i use the gameshark to play import games on my 3rd saturn.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
This happened to mine and I had a thread about it....

I'll try to find the link later....

I think the consensus was a dying/dead laser and that a laser unit replacement was needed.

..... ugh disc systems.. how they hate us.

well the model 1 that i had, it was working fine, and then i did not use it for a couple of months but it was not tampered with, so then once i played it, it didnt work, as for the model 2 i had bought if off ebay and the seller said it worked, but turns out it had the same dam issue..=[

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
dam and you never got to fix it? ugh, this sucks. but that is so bizzare, ive tinkered for hours with the laser mech and still nothing.

Not yet... need to just find a parts saturn or lone laser unit and swap them out I guess. But haven't gotten around to it yet.

Have you checked the lid to see if it's pressing on that switch?

As for me, yes ruled that out first.

Here was my old thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202545

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I might have a replacement saturn laser on hand, lemme test it...

edit: we -DO- have a working laser, for the one with the circular buttons. It's from a JP unit with busted sound. (I assume the board controls region). Interested?

ff8cee49.jpg

I KNOW MY DESK IS MESSY SHUT UP D:

Last edited:

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I might have a replacement saturn laser on hand, lemme test it...

edit: we -DO- have a working laser, for the one with the circular buttons. It's from a JP unit with busted sound. (I assume the board controls region). Interested?

ff8cee49.jpg

I KNOW MY DESK IS MESSY SHUT UP D:

umm, how much for the cd drive?