Debug Chip Bios Help?

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Hey guys I just got the chip installed from Jeff but I am confused about some of the options, does anyone have a faq on this, any help would be great.
Eg: Whats the japanese text about?
How do you select the blood in SS2& SS3?

Please help out thanks.

HPMAN

UI resident
Well, I think Shawn could start a page about this, since many games have additionnal features available with the debug bios.

To my knowledge, there is no info about this available on the net (except for KOF 94-95-96)

By the way, how much does jeff charge for a chip ?

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Hi thanks for the reply, can ou tel me where I can find that info on the net?.
Also Jeff has a package deal which includes S-video/stere/Debug Bios for a great price $100.00. I just recieved my system back from him and I am very satisfied trust me its wel worth ever penny Hands down incredible work and I highy Recommend any one to him.

HPMAN

UI resident
$100 for the whole mod ??? Man, that's still a lot of money I think...

Nothing costs a lot into these mods, jeff is going high with labor hours
tongue.gif

Having the technical knowledge to produce these bios, maybe I should start selling low priced chips
biggrin.gif

Beside this, thaht's true jeff does the job very well, but I think leaving ONLY the debug bios is a harm since some minor garphic glitches are happening in some games when using the debug bios... To my mind, a switch to select debug/normal bios is a better option
smile.gif

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
So far I have not seen any of those glitches, to acivate the bios you must press select&C then all the options are shown to you, ths is where you can activate debug mode and play around with the options.
The Neo does not automatically run the program, so ifyou did not activate the debug your system would run just as normal. Think of it as Cmos on a computer where you can tweak the options at startup or you can kip it all together, the only diff- you have to re-enter any options when you turn the machine off. Hope this helps!

HPMAN

UI resident
Well, that's not really like this...

The debug bios is ALWAYS activated. By pressing select&C you enter the menu, but bios is activated all the time (the neo won't run without bios)

When powering the neo, the game boot in japanese development home use by default.

You need to change the settings to run into normal home use.

As for the graphic glitches I noticed some blinking on some games, especially metal slug 3, which has more than with usual bios (which doesn't blink) the biggest glitch is a wall not scrolling in the stone elevator section of stage 4 (where mommies are)...

That's why I prefer to be able to switch between normal and debug bios.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
For information about debug settings and the debug bios in general, see Billkwando's excellent web page, Under the Neo Geo Moon:
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon

First click on the big Moon (duh), then select "The System", then click on "Home Cartridge", where you'll see some great sections for info about the home system. Especially, select "Arcade Mod Chip Page" where you'll find a bunch of cool debug codes!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Thanks guys for the info and the explanation and found the links and they were a great help.

Thanks.