Anyone mod original xbox's. Already modded but broke my xenium ice chip.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I was going to sell my modded xbox. Worked perfectly for 5 years, so of course when I go to sell it it doesn't work. I have a xenium ice chip. It's the one with the 5 solderless wires that you have to insert into the motherboard. Well... I broke one of the wires off. So either I need a new xenium chip, or I need to replace the copper wire. Which looks easy to repair, but I don't know if that really is possible. I had my xbox modded here a few years back. But I can't remember the forum members name. If anyone could help that would be great.

I am looking for a more permanent solution this time. If those little wires can be soldered in that would be ideal. I know when I get this thing back in the mail i'm gonna have to put that little wire in again, and my eyes are just too bad to see things that small with my contacts in. My eyes are negative 13 1/2 in the right eye and negative 15 in the left eye. So seeing things close up isn't a option. For those of you who inderstand anything about eyes, that basically means i'm as blind as a bat without my contacts in. And when my eyes are corrected they are so bad that it's just impossible for me to get my really close up vision to the level of a normal person.

Or a final option would be to sell the xbox to someone and they can install a new chip themselves. The all the hard work installing the chip has already been done. Assuming you are not as blind as me. The xenium chip actually si 2 seperate pieces. A base and a top. So I think you could just insert the top of a new xenium chip on the base of the old one to get it working again. Technically the xbox is not broken. I just wont fire up because the mod chip isn't seated correctly.