Samurai Shodown Sen US release - March 30

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I just have to see how this works out, I'm not impressed so far to be honest.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
No love for PS3 :(

I'm disappointed too - means I'll need to pick up another 360 fight stick. I'm thinking Hori EX2 this time. Is that a good safe stick on a budget?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Depends on how rough you are with it :P

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Would you be so kind as to elaborate, good sir?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
square gate stick could wear out under heavy (Ab)use. Like I said I dont know how rough you are with it. But its a decent stick for the price. I would personally put an octagonal gate in it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That is only a matter of prefference, I for one I'm quite fond of octagonal gates but a square gate is not the problem with the EX2, even the stick is not as bad per say as the buttons but overall the stick performs rather well for its pricetag.

If you have a budget the EX2 is the way to go bar none and I much preffer the button layout over any other mass produced stick on current consoles save the Virtua Stick High Grade which is basically the same button layout with better hardware and a subpar PCB (They did however fix this with a second run on production).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Square gate is arcade standard, which is designed to be able to take heavy abuse.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Anyone got this on preorder? I finally snagged a 360 so I can check this game out.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I have it prereserved.

Not expecting a good game. Just want cool characters and that samurai mystique.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
'Ashley' from Gamestop called to tell me this is going to be available this afternoon.

That 'Ashley', she's always so perky.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Exatcly what i was thinking

Unsuccessful game on a Windows-based arcade platform. Brain-dead monkeys could make the port, as there are virtually no changes required... so it's no effort at all to make a 360 version. A PS3 port would be a losing proposition, particularly given how poorly the 360 one did in Japan (something like 3000 units sold the first week). Too much work involved for not enough return on investment. Simple business acumen.

Anyway, I picked up my copy, and though I won't be able to play it until tonight, I'm impressed with XSEED's packaging. The front cover sucks, but the original Japanese cover is on the instruction manual, which is in full glossy color throughout. Nice work on the presentation, at a glance.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Freaking Xbox always getting the good games...:blow_top: I was really waiting for this one. SS is my fav snk fighter and to see that game goes to Xbox only was really dissapionting. Fuck you B.G.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Because Gates had anything to do with the game not being on the PS3... :oh_no:

No, because he's always trying to maintain some monopoly around everything he has. I suppost you have a Xbox that's why you dont care.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
No, because he's always trying to maintain some monopoly around everything he has. I suppost you have a Xbox that's why you dont care.

And a PS3, yes. I go where the games are. Imagine that.

And again, Bill Gates has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
And a PS3, yes. I go where the games are. Imagine that.

And again, Bill Gates has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Congrats man, you can afford them both. I know he's got nothing to do with it but still, anyways I was just saying...:oh_no::oh_no:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
KOF XII, part of a more popular and well known fighting franchise, ended up on both consoles.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Got Sen. EAT it haters!

First thing I see wrong here, is that there's no option to change the announcer's voice independently. If you change the announcer's voice you switch to Japanese text as well. It doesn't bother me playing with Japanese text, it's just if I want a translated story I have to put up with a bad English announcer. :P