SNKP USA site re-done

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
glad to see them try and put an effort into something

Yoshi

20 Year Member
It's so odd that SNKP USA is in these partnerships with Atlus and Xseed now. What value are they actually adding? Why would SNKP not just dissolve the US branch and let the othe publishers have at it?

havok666

n00b
That's strange. I thought they ditched the US brand and the localization was being farmed out to Ignition.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sucks that they didn't renew the message board.

On lonely nights such as these I longed to see what Alba 'tall hard glass of sake' Meira would talk about on their forum. That guy was fucking nuts.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sucks that they didn't renew the message board.

On lonely nights such as these I longed to see what Alba 'tall hard glass of sake' Meira would talk about on their forum. That guy was fucking nuts.
He started off as a friendly little dude, not too different from yourself, really. What happened to him, I don't know...but my guess is that he thought if he vehemently defended and apologized for every single bone-headed move SNKP USA made, they'd offer him a job. Maybe picking up dry-cleaning or something.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I clearly remember him starting off as a "Gee whiz my dream job is to work at SNK!" and then some months later all he did was talk shit about SNK's hiring process or something. I think there may have been an incident where the forum's admin (a guy who did work at SNK) told Alba to stop claiming he worked with them.

I mean we all go through that period of wanting to make video games and think it's as easy as nailing an interview, but we were like 8 years old, not mid-late 20s.

Pretty sure his post count was 10k+ plus and the boards were only two years old at the time.

Oh well. Back on topic, yeah the site looks great. Too bad the games aren't.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Don't think SNKP USA does any PR, nor programming, nor distribution, nor......wait a minute, so what position does he want to get hired for?

aria

Former Moderator
Looks clean and simple, but also looks like something that can be generated by free-webpage-making software.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Looks clean and simple, but also looks like something that can be generated by free-webpage-making software.

It looks a lot more in line with what SNKP proper's website has looked like the past several years, rather than having its own shoddy-looking identity the way SNK USA had done up until now. I think they're attempting to make it look like they are part of the same company.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I don't think it looks that good.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
This page would have validated if they added alt tags to those images.

Just sayin.

ccL

n00b
Twinkle Star Sprites or Blazing Star would be a nice addition to the XLA list. GameTap cannot have all the good ones.

Twinkle Star Sprites or Blazing Star would be a nice addition to the XLA list. GameTap cannot have all the good ones.

Yeah, those would have been good additions to Live Arcade, unless we hope for it. Other than that SNKP USA Redesign strikes me at odd that it kinda looks like the one from the JP Site. More or less different.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The site looks nice and proper, I know SNKP has done things a lot of people are not a big fan of but I still like them errs and all.