Stupid annoying moves that people do over and over in fighting games

JimmyDean

n00b
Let's make a list of annoying moves that people do in fighting games! Yay!

I'll start with that up+b move that samus does in Smash Bros.
OKAY SMASH BROS DOESN'T COUNT!

The ai doing the same move over and over in snk vs capcom!

Post away!:vik:

Last edited:

JimmyDean

n00b
fine smash brothers doesn't count.
Okay I'll start over.

Infinite juggling in mvc2! There! ha!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Let's make a list of annoying moves that people do in fighting games! Yay!

I'll start with that up+b move that samus does in Smash Bros.

Post away!:vik:

Just in case you missed it: You're on Neo-Geo.com,not the nintendo club.There's a ton of fighting games on the neo and you mention a nintendo game?:spock:

edit:damn,saved before my post:mad:

JimmyDean

n00b
FINE AGAIN! MR. KARATE'S FIREBALL IN SNK VS CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY NOW!

FINE AGAIN! JAE HOON'S FIRE KICK IN GAROU!!!! HAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYY NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Goddamn, can't please everyone!
Oh, and for the record Garou is better than ssb, IMO.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
FINE AGAIN! MR. KARATE'S FIREBALL IN SNK VS CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY NOW!

Wow dude,mellow out.I edited my post saying you were save before i posted;)
But yeah,happy now,even though i never played it,sorry:lolz:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
bitches that cry when i do the same move over and over again.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Shoryuken style moves. Nothing should be that invulnerable and have that high of priority. Then again, it makes for easy openings when people spam it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
This thread needs more Tiger.

I love the (semi) new avatar kernow.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Projectiles.
Long limbs.
Moves with autoguard properties.
Moves with absurd amounts of invicibility.

I could go on all day...

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
If someone is beating you with a repetative move, GET BETTER AT THE FUCKING GAME!

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Chun Li's bullshit corenr kara throw game in 3rd strike.

Zangief players who just endlessly lariat when you're on the ground.

oni2382

New Challenger
If someone is beating you with a repetative move, GET BETTER AT THE FUCKING GAME!

+1

Although Fighting Shin Akuma and Shin Mr Karate in SVC chaos IS a headache when playing the computer....Some days I beat them some days I don't lol

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
Quoting a big friend of mine:

"Play to steal, steal to win, ignore the fuckin' crowd and play dirty!"

With this in mind, i lol @ everyone who is annoyed by spamming the same moves all over again. Tired of it? Well just think a way to overcome the situation. Don't act like whinny bitches all day!

Who doesn't agree can go play other kind of games. The ones that aren't focused on VS play! :annoyed:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This thread reminds me of playing as Dhalsim. People say he's cheap, but when I play I'm the exact opposite mind set. I feel I'm at a huge disadvantage the whole time, and I'm playing to survive. Funny how the grass is browner on the other side.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I agree with dhalsim lol I've almost got punched in a arcade for throwing a guy in sf2 hyperfighting with dhalsim. its like god damn! what was i supposed to do up close... i don't have the luxury of a fucking DP to reversal you with.

because this isn't SRK or something I wont go calling anyone a scrub. But seriously, any good game wont succumb to repetitive simple strategies and if you are getting beat by one that seems unbeatable 95% of the time its because you just are unaware of how to counter it.

I understand that everyone doesn't have the time or interest to be figuring everything out in a fighting game, But that's just the nature of the beast. You can't expect to win online or in a arcade unless you put in more work than your opponent.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Quoting a big friend of mine:

"Play to steal, steal to win, ignore the fuckin' crowd and play dirty!"

No offense to your friend, but some of us don't care for playing dirty. Never been the win by any means type.

And back on topic, moves with little to no recovery on a block.

NeoAce

Quiz Detective
One "stupid, annoying move" is complaining about the moves featured in the games; if one doesn't approve of the moves, one should not play the game. There are not "cheap" ways to play fighting games; in most cases, developers have gone to great lengths to program games the way that they are. It is not as though moves have accidentally made it in to some game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
One "stupid, annoying move" is complaining about the moves featured in the games; if one doesn't approve of the moves, one should not play the game. There are not "cheap" ways to play fighting games; in most cases, developers have gone to great lengths to program games the way that they are. It is not as though moves have accidentally made it in to some game.

Except 100% combos and infinites.

I still remember Sub-Zero's Turnaround kick-Freeze-TAK-Freeze ad infinitum.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
There are not "cheap" ways to play fighting games; in most cases, developers have gone to great lengths to program games the way that they are. It is not as though moves have accidentally made it in to some game.

If someone beats you by abusing an infinite combo with a character in a fighting game. Then he/she is playing in a "cheap" way. Developers fuck up and they do so often....Look at SNK. Just about every fighting game in existence has a character with an infinite. By your logic, nobody should play anything.

I consider cheap/spammable moves to be those that have high rewards with little to no risk attached to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYX-Y7Dc0rM
Take a look at this match. It's a frustrating uphill battle for a certain character. Gief doesn't have any tools to counter the air fireball, the entire match is spent trying to zone in. A good job on Gief's side here...