help please ! stereo on mini one slot

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I have a mini one slot board on a nova is there any difference in one slot boards. Is there a mini one slot that has stereo. I have the mv-1b. Thanks...........NEONUT

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
None of the MVS mini boards have stereo connections, or joystick connections for that matter. You need to get an older 1-slot, or a 2-, 4-, or 6-slot board to get all the goodies . . . and of course, before buying you need to confirm that the board HAS all the goodies!

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
What exactly are the goodies for an MVS board? I have seen a couple of older MVS boards with the benefit of having neo joystick jacks(woohoo!), but from what youre saying, you mean newer mvs boards dont have an option for stereo? Ugh.. Lemme know more info.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
There are some little doodads on the left side of the board (as you're looking into the slot) that you can wire to to get stereo. I know because a friend of mine with an MV-1a did it.

Seriously though, get a small speaker, with two wires, and dick around with those contacts. If they're on the side of the board, my friend Adam used them to hook up external speakers in stereo.
The stereo outputs aren't on the JAMMA thingy, but they ARE there, somewhere. Look for little printed "L"s and "R"s on the board, that might help.

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.com

[This message has been edited by Billkwando (edited October 04, 2000).]

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Ok, I think I understand it better. Just one more question, does that mean that if I get say, the HGA unit, and I connect my old style MV board, I would have no stereo, meaning I would have to wire the two pins to speakers mandatorally? I was thinking of just hooking it up to my TV set for now.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
No, you won't need to do additional wiring if you have an HGA (not recommended) or Super NOVA system. Both of those have stereo RCA outputs, right and left channel, available. They take the signal from the jamma connection, I think.

After hearing about shoddy product quality and product support from another guy on a message board (I think there is an older post somewhere on this board too) I decided not to get an HGA system . . . will probably pick up a MAS Super NOVA later.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, it looks like if you want a high quality product you might just have to build it yourself. Ive heard the HGA wasnt that hot, but I know MAs Systems is a lousy product. Lousy customer service. I wonder if anyone will ever start making & selling these superguns with great quality.
-nick_th_fury

-----------------------
After hearing about shoddy product quality and product support from another guy on a message board (I think there is an older post somewhere on this board too) I decided not to get an HGA system . . . will probably pick up a MAS Super NOVA later.

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by nick_th_fury:
Well, it looks like if you want a high quality product you might just have to build it yourself. Ive heard the HGA wasnt that hot, but I know MAs Systems is a lousy product. Lousy customer service. I wonder if anyone will ever start making & selling these superguns with great quality.
-nick_th_fury

Nick

If you build a quality Super Nova I'll be first in line to buy it!
William

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I wouldn't believe everything you read I have a custom super nova from MAS with neo geo arcade game controllers( they look exactly like the dedicated cabinet) ONLY FOUR BUTTONS, just like the home system. And a one slot mounted to it. The picture quality is awsome exacly the same as the home cart s-video. I was contemplating about buying one because I had a older version ( that was not bought from mas) and a had real bad wave lines when I hooked it up on s-video(you can't use composite it is horrid) I talked to him( Cal) directly and he made one special which I play one my sony 43' tv and there is not one single wave line or picture distortion. I love the thing. And believe me I am picky I also have a rgb,but it is nice to play it on a big tv on your couch instead of the game cabinet which takes up space. And if you are new to the neo scene and don't want to spend your life savings on home carts EXample kof 94 mvs I paid $10.The bad things you read about the nova were old units. Mas is definetly not a bad product and it only took 2 weeks to get it........NEONUT

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Do you have a home cart system w/s-video? If you think the MAS is even remotely close, well imo you must be blind or not nearly as picky as you think you are. The video out on the nova is crap by comparison. Its not horrid, but compared to the home cart it is. Ive played on two different ones now, an older model & a newer one and they both sucked. The home carts system svideo is not the greatest by any means either. Its good, but the cdrom system and arcade rgb are much better than it.
-nick_th_fury

-------------------------------------
The picture quality is awsome exacly the same as the home cart s-video.

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
Maybe it is your tv , I am using a new sony ,and I am telling the truth, and I am not BLIND EITHER. I have both home, cart ded. neo cabinet and have had the cd and I am telling you that on my tv and the set up I have there is no differnce in the mas vs. the home cart, NONE ( you can only use s-video only). It is so close to my rgb( granted the color on the rgb is a little better ). The systems you played may have a conflict with your tv brand or make. I had a 27" Mit. that when I played the home cart on the very top of the screen was wavy, it was strange. Also on the mas system you can change the gain color. I think the units you played had something wrong with them. I am very picky, I have gone from home cart to cd back to home to rgb, and so on. I always found my way back to the rgb, and I was skeptical about buying the nova( like I said I had one not bought from mas ) and the video sucked but I took a chance and bought one from MAS direct, it worked out great. You should do more research before you bash someones product and insult another..........NEONUT

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Theres nothing wrong with my setup. RGB is the best with the neocdrom svideo running second. The Cart svideo is a distant 3rd, and the nova a distant fourth. Ive seen it on my systems and 3 other peoples systems first hand. To me thats indicitve of a pattern. Thats not to say there terrible. I'm quite happy with my svideo cart system. The only image that I feel is truelly bad is the standard composite out on the cart system or the nova. Dot crawl & color bleeding are wretched. No TV looks good with that.
If you feel your Mas svideo is as good as arcade RGB then more power to you. Maybe you got a better rgb to ntsc convertor than everyone else got. Perhaps Thao did right by you, but many of us have recieved junk from them. I dont bash anyones product without 1st hand experiance. Ive been sent high price tag/low quality products MAS, & so have others.
My previous post use of blind was not presented as an insult. Thats a common saying for me, that perhaps is a poor choice of words when typed.
-nick_th_fury
------------------------
You should do more research before you bash someones product and insult another..........NEONUT

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
The rgb to ntsc I have in the nova now is not the one I had in the previous nova which like you said is bad! This one is from HAP Controls. By the way nick_th_fury I checked out you site, I guess you did do some research. Great site! You know how the neo scene, there are ssooooooo many rumors and false info , someone says something and everyone believes it. I hope no hard feelings...........NEONUT

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Course there’s not. I'm the first to admit that no one knows it all. Most especially myself. I find as long as I keep my ears open wider than my mouth I usually learn something. I'd really appreciate it if you would post the make & model number of your ntsc convertor. I'd be very interested in learning more about it. The conv. is the one thing that bugs so many nova users that it be great for folks to know of a good alternative. If I can get a hold of a truly great conv, I might just try & rebuild my own supergun this winter. Ever since I saw pics of that portable MVS player, I’ve been itching to try my own.
-nick_th_fury

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
The conv. I have is Happ Controls, model P/N:80-0064-00. It might just be a new design coverter, buti have tried it on 3 tv a Sony 27" wega, MITT. 36, and a Sony 43", and they all look great. Hers is the site for conv.
.http://www.happcontrols.com/industrial/html/accessories.htm