Please help, problem with Marquee

Gatchaman

, ,
Well, I made the jump and bought an MVS! Woot! It's great. Perfect condition and I've never seen a better monitor. Got 4 great games with it as well. One small problem. They key doesn't work for the marquee! I've tried many times. They key goes all the way in, but won't turn.

Am I out of luck? Anybody deal with this before? Are replacement keys available? Are they all a standard key? (ie.. I could get a copy of somebody elses, for which I would gladly pay)

Thanks in advance,

Gatcha

there should be a number on the lock if it is a standard key, try a locksmnith and see if they know about it (a proper locksmith not a highstreet key cutter)

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Here is what you have to do:

Open the back of the game by taking the screws out of the upper panel. Then using a short phillips screwdriver, reach way up into the marquee area. The locks use two phillips screws to latch onto, so just unscrew the screws from the wood and the panel will open. Then you can replace the locks with cabinet locks from Home Depot, or the expensive ones from Happ.

Hope that helps.

Gatchaman

, ,
Thanks for the info. I'll check out a locksmith tomorrow. BTW... anyone know if all the MVS use a particular lock and what brand it is? I assume the locksmith might want the brand along with the number. Is Happ the manufacturer?

Thanks again,

Gatcha