MAS SYSTEMS

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I know that MAS has a web site but I can not seem to find it could somone post the link. Also I am interested to know if they have a store? Shawn, have you ever been to Mas? Your real close to them. Im about 3 hours away myself. If it meant I could get a reliable Super Neo conversion, WHILE I WAIT, I would go there in a heartbeat.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I was thinking they were in Memphis, but they are not. Actually Mas is in Chatanooga, less then 1& 1/2 hours from me (more like 3 from Shawn??)

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
http://www.massystems.com/

They are in California, so you are nowhere near them, me thinks.... Jeff is over in Ohio, you could try him for a super Neo conversion, he is the moderator in this forum!

Keith

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Iv always been a bit apprehensive about sending my Neo in to someone. What if they break it on me
smile.gif

Mouse_Master

Staff member
You will not have a problem with Jeff Kurtz at all, he does fine work! Not too many people still do Neo conversions. The only others offering them are NGF. I have not seen their work, so I can not comment.

Keith

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Well if your worried about your sysytem, then worry about MAs. IMO they are horrible. shoddy work, and even worse customer service. As in none.
-nick_th_fury

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Im not placing judgment on anyone, just saying that I would rather GO somewhere to have it done in person while I wait, than SEND my system with money, and loose possibly both.
smile.gif

Mouse_Master

Staff member
I doubt you will find anyone that will do it for you locaaly, unless you drive a good distance. I could be wrong though....

Only other option is to do the mod yourself.

Keith

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, at some point you need to trust SOMEONE. No one is going to mod the system with you standing over them watching, that just isn't realistic.

I was a bit worried at first, before I sent my Neo cart system to Jeff for the 4X mod (also known as "the works"). But the solution is to send your system to him, insured and with delivery confirmation. His price for the 4X mod (s-video, stereo, arcade debug, and two external buttons that are territory and arcade/home toggles) is very reasonable, and his work is, in a word, outstanding. You can trust him absolutely, I had my system modded and he did a fantastic job. In fact, I have another (backup) cart system that I will also send to Jeff for the 4X mod.

Also, I have the necessary carts to send him for a Metal Slug conversion, which I will be doing within the next few days.

We are all very lucky to have Jeff doing these mods and conversions. If I were you, I'd throw your doubt in the trash can and get moving, have him do the work while you still can.
smile.gif
smile.gif

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
has anyone in here ever had a Stick made for their neo by Mas Systems??? How was the quality, and did it feature the same layout as the Original Neo-Geo stick???? I would love to buy one but I need to know if they are any good or not...

Any help would be appreciated...My e-mail address is BryLmoo@aol.com

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Iv seen them... They are true at-home arcade quality... Very heavy like they have a brick inside of them... for $69 you cant go wrong. Im after a set myself before they stop making them.

JRock917

, ,
$69 is a good price; do they make sticks for other platforms in addition to the neo? What kindof perks (auto-fire, slow-motion) do these sticks also come with?

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
I'm gonna order me one of them there Mass Sticks for my Neo.....hehehehe....j\k

They sound like they would be really cool.

Ordering right now...

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I just got a neo geo stick from MAS 2 days ago. I have had a pair in the past but I sold them off (not because I didn't like them, but because I thought I was going to sell out of neo). Anyways, the quality is superb. The orignal neo geo sticks feel cheap in comparison IMO.

Matt

Shpoo

, ,
Great sticks, big & durable!!! I'm the person that bought the pair from FORCE (Matt) several months ago. My originals have been put away ever since...

Thanks again FORCE!
biggrin.gif

Todd

Galford's Armourer
I cant get in touch with them!! I have been trying for 2 mnths to get in touch with them and ihavent gotten 1 email back! Does anyone know a # i can call?

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Are the sticks really big?? I meen are they huge to the point that you would have to sit them on a table to play with them??? I know they are 10lbs, but I still can't tell If it would be comforting to have on my lap while playing a Neo game....or gem as I've recently been calling them =P

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
cool that will work out great.
biggrin.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Just a word of warning. These things are so large & heavy that they can build up too much momentum from the slightest movement & go turntabling around on your lap. I've had mine for.. I'm not sure how long now, maybe since March, and while the quality is quite high, they can almost be overkill. The CD joysticks fly around because they're too light; these can, but don't necessarily, for precisely the opposite reason. In short, get a table or a tray to put the thing on, otherwise you might at times have difficutly playing a fighter with one of these beasts.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
I intend on using my TV tray that I have in my den, I hope it is big enough...how big is one of these things??? Can someone please post a pic of a Mas Stick beside a Neo stick so I can compare the sizes??? I would really appreciate it.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Shpoo: I'm glad to know you're enjoying your sticks. So you bought them as an extra set?

Matt

Shpoo

, ,
Force: Yeah I bought them so I wouldn't wear out the orig. Neo joysticks.

BryLmoo: Hopefully this picture shows up.

mas

[This message has been edited by Shpoo (edited October 12, 2000).]