KOF 2001 mvs sound glitches

biocat

Kula's Candy
Hey everyone!

I recently bought a new 100% original kof2001 kit and I've been having some sound problems. The cart works perfectly fine in my 4 slot as long as kof 2001 is the only game you play. If I play any other game and then switch to kof 2001, the sound is either garbled or completely silent.

I've tried putting it in every slot, and every combination, but I always end up with the same problem.

Has anyone run into this problem or can suggest any kind of solution?

Thanks! :)

slerch666

updyke,
Check to see that the cart is firmly seated in the system. You may also want to clean the contacts (yes, it's new, but you never know).

When you select KoF 2K1 and it's playing, jiggle the cart in the slot a little and see what happens. I've had similar problems with KoF '98 and jiggling the game either fixes the problem or it dies on me.

Good luck.

SNK_NEOGEO_FREAK

Rugal's Thug
The best solution would be to sell it to me :D

I had the same problem with my MOTW (original and new) and cleaning it stopped my sound problems.

Maybe clean the contact points in the 4 slot as well...

Good luck mate! :D

Cheers!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I just had this problem Saturday.
My Panic Bomber came in the mail.
I cleaned the prongs and plugged it in the 3rd slot.
The sound was garbled or completely silent as I moved it into any of the 4 slots.
I was pissed because I thought the cart was bad.
So I took it out and cleaned the prongs"Really Well" this time with a dry piece of Scotch Brite.
Now it works fine.
I had the same problem with Ninja Combat when I got it...
Does kof2001 do that if you only put that cart in alone,with no other games..
I don't have kof2001 yet so I can't reply to having problems with that specific cart.
I also clean the Mother board prongs with a cardboard nail file.

[ November 18, 2002: Message edited by: chris1 ]</p>

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Hi, m y KOF2001 does weird thing s too, I have a two slot and if I have 98 and 2001 plugged in my 2001 makes distorted noise but is ok with other games..