PDA

View Full Version : system repairs

JRock917
09-23-2000, 09:18 PM
I don't have any problems with anything right now, but if I ever do, it would seem by what I read on these forums Jeff Kurtz (I hope I spelled that correctly) would be the man to call. How much is charged for say, the system to be looked at, and what is a ballpark figure on what a repair might cost?

JMKurtz
09-25-2000, 08:54 AM
I don't charge anything to "look", just return shipping. If I can find the problem, I'll let you know what I find and tell you what it costs to fix it... However, repair work is on the bottom of my list of things to do, so it could take a few for me to look at it.

Jeff

Dreamh2o
09-25-2000, 07:14 PM
How about cleaning kits? Mine shows scramling and blocks some times. Is there a cleaning kit that can be used on the Neo Geo AES?

JMKurtz
09-27-2000, 08:23 AM
It's rather hard to clean the inside of the cart connectors, so I typically just use a can of compressed air to blow out as much dust as possible. I usually do this outside so that I don't have to breath all the dust that comes off these boards, etc.

Usually if the cart port has loose contacts, I try to use a small percision screwdriver to slightly pull the contacts back out to form a tighter fit.

Jeff