SNKP announces KOF XIII

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
the logo is nice? After XII which I did enjoy, but still dissapointed me, I have no expectations. SNKP has not redeemed itself as a game maker.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
SNKP has ALOT to make up to me (and us all) in XIII...I won't buy it until its been out for at least a month, so I know its not a crapfest XII was

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I"m afraid we are never going to get a return to the glory days. Times changed in videogame land, it's more populair to game these days. New demands, more "hey bro" games

partypooper

Not so MEGA, eh?
SNKP has ALOT to make up to me (and us all) in XIII...I won't buy it until its been out for at least a month, so I know its not a crapfest XII was

I think a lot of people will be doing this (or waiting until it hits the bargain bin at least), SNKP has basically done themselves in with this one. Even if the game is good, I don't think anyone's going to rush and make this a day one purchase. They could announce that they "fixed" the multiplayer issue, and that could be the same "fix" we got in the patches.

Reality Check

World Hero
I have no hopes for this one. This has to be more than a completed version of XII to get me to pick this up.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I swear to god, this is their last chance with me. If they fuck this one up to I will NOT buy another new game from them.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
My thoughts are the same as everyone else's: Let's hope it's better than XII.

And man... If it's another dream match with no boss, I'll be pissed.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Betting there will be leaks before then.

My bet is that we'll see a near full roster list and ....say TWO blurry screenshots from a weird magazine with squiggly foreign writing.

गर्हित अभ्रान्त

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Hope Kyo's back to his KOF 96 incarnation.

Not every fighting game lead needs the done to death Ryu moveset.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
ahhh. I always love this time on the neo-geo.com forums when there's a new SNK(P) game coming out and everyone is speculating about it.

Especially when KOFXI was new and there was a picture floating around.. everyone was like 'OMG! looks Awesome!' Can't wait for that to happen with this game.

XIII will really have to be something special to justify this next installment so soon.
6 more characters? 10+ new backgrounds with unique music for each? Endings for
each team member, some nice fanservice, a 50% rebate for those who bought XII? :lolz:

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Did KoF 12 have prefight intro poses for the characters? I hope 13 has them and special intros between certain characters. Those little details count too and were one of the reasons I loved the older KoFs.

I've been in the video game industry as an artist for over 5+ years now. I feel really bad for SNK Playmore they just can't seem to catch a break these days. Personally I thought that KOF XII wasn't as bad as everyone said it was. It was a solid fighting games that had nice pixel based art direction. My only problem with the game is that the standard bells and whistles include with most KOF game were missing this time around. Sure I agree that the game didn't warrant it's 60 dollar price tag but I understand why they charged that price (smaller companies in this day in age can't afford to not charge 60 dollars for larger projects due to the price of HD game making, it's really expensive these days. Especially when you are hand drawing all of your animations with a really tiny amount of people) I'm sure they'll have a much better game this time around now that they have a foundation layout for the next game. Understandably not everyone knows what goes into making a game but it's not easy, so I employ that you guys give SNK another chance here. I'm sure it'll be much better this time around, after all they restarted from scratch and that's pretty ballsy in this day in age of the game industry when pretty much ever game runs off of some licensed engine or another(unreal, quake etc...). KOF XII really did feel like a reboot of the series only because every character went back to the basics. I use to nitpick a lot at the game industry but after working in it for so long and finding out how things work and having gaming almost ruined for me many times I have a softer side for developers. Of course everyone is allowed to there opinion but I really, really hope that people well give the game a try before bashing it. :p

With that being said... I really hope Mai is in it as she is still my favorite KOF/FF/RB/NGBC/SVC fighting game character I use! (Aside from Terry. Also please bring back his BUSTA WOLF!!!!!!!!!!) :glee:

Also, Happy Early Birthday to the Neo-Geo! Here's to many more years of gaming(with the current amount of games I have for my AES)! :buttrock:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Did KoF 12 have prefight intro poses for the characters? I hope 13 has them and special intros between certain characters. Those little details count too and were one of the reasons I loved the older KoFs.
No. I would like to see them return as well but NOT at the expense of the gameplay.

KOF XIII's logo looks dark and ominous... I like it a lot more than XII's logo.

The location of KOF XIII's official preview seems to be a convention center? I wonder if this is the game's first loke test.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
And man... If it's another dream match with no boss, I'll be pissed.

I'm pretty sure they're not that stupid.

Most likely this is the completed version. If they're smart, they'll include an extra game or somthing, some type of sign of goodwill.