Neo-Geo Motherboard Question

slai50

New Challenger
Which version of the neo geo motherboard is best for use with a supergun? I'm thinking of getting the MV-1B. Any suggestions or recommendations? What's a fair price for a MV-1B motherboard?

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Use with a Super Gun: any that are JAMMA compliant which are all the 1-Slot boards. If you want to use a more standard MVS controller, you could use the MV-1, MV-1F becuase they havce joystick ports vice the controls being in the JAMMA harness.

Check: http://hardmvs.com/html/PCBcompare.htm for more info on each board.

If you were going to consolize an MVS, I would choose MV-1, MV-1F or a MV-2F because they have the Joystick ports on them. Then again, it wouldn't really matter because you could get very creative in the way you build your setup with ports, etc.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
MV-1 has mem card reader support but MV-1F doesn't, if that makes any difference. As for MV-1B, it lacks mem card support as well as having soldered on BIOS, which may present a problem if for some reason you want to switch to a UNIBIOS later on.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Don't forget the MV1C. If you want a TINY board that can fit into another case then it's the one for you.

It easily fits in a Sega Genesis (2nd gen) case.

RJ

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice... didn't think about that and I have an MV-1C in my cab! The finish it has on top is pretty sweet because its got the nice plastic cover on top. The one downside is its lack of stereo outputs and having to wire the joystick ports... not a huge deal really.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The MV1C does have stereo output but you need to wire to the board for it and it will only be line level.

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
I stand corrected! Thanks Xian for that... I figured that was probably true but I was just looking at the JAMMA edge where it was probably "easiest" to conenct the wires to.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
True. What I did once for someone was mount 2 RCA jacks to the plastic shell which connected to the L and R pins on the sound chip on the MV1C. The guy used it in his cab that had a Qsound amp I believe.