Not fully a "tech support" post but...

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Has anyone figured out a way to open up the old-style joysticks? I believe they're held together with clips, apart from the one screw, so splitting them without shattering the things is impossible. This correct? I want to fix a long running problem with one of mine, so I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Thanks a lot,

Jonathan

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
I had a similar experience when I tried to open the joypad that comes with the NEO CD.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
This is a rather easily answered question, actually. See those rubber footpads on the bottom of your "old-style" sticks? Gently pry them off, and you'll see a screw head under each one. Remove all the screws, and then you'll be inside the joystick's housing. I've opened up a stick before in order to fix a cracked solder joint on the "A" button. The rubber footpads can be simply stuck back on once the operation is complete.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Hmmm. I thought I peeled one off once before but only found black plastic underneath, so I gave up on that method. Oh well thanks a whole lot in any case. Trying to hit the start button with an Allen key gets a bit irritating...