Question about inserts.

itsmattxp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My 30 inserts have arrived in the mail a few days ago and the snow is finally clear enough for me to move about. I was thinking about getting these inserts cut today so that when the shockboxes arrive, I can just put them in. I was going to go to Kinkos and cut them out but I was wondering if people usually cut them out one by one or do like 3-5 at a time? Just don't want to reorder them again. Also would it be a better idea to just wait until the shockboxes arrive first and then cut them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Do them 1 by 1. If you do more than 1 at a time you risk the cut being off on the inserts under the top one.

itsmattxp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ended up taking my time and doing them 1 by 1 but the cutter there left a small margin of white paper next to the insert. Would a box cutter be sufficient in cutting the rest of the margin off? Do they need to be exactly cut for them to fit in the shock box? Thanks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
No, they should fit fine. When the case is closed I think there is about 1/4" of extra space total.

itsmattxp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
No, they should fit fine. When the case is closed I think there is about 1/4" of extra space total.

Okay thanks. Everyone's inserts just seem to be cut perfectly, and I thought that would be the only way for themto fit.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I just paid the extra to have southtown cut them for me. Sure it adds up but it prevented a potential headache. I ordered 40 at one time anyway so I might as well have paid the extra.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
If you cut too many of anything at once, the bottom pages always end up misaligned

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
In my video for the shockboxes, I used a box cutter to cut mine out and it worked fine... just use a straight edge as a guide (like a ruler) and you will be good to go.