Memory Card Troubles...

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Hi guys, I picked up a memory card from the Neostore about 2 weeks ago. The first time I used it the card worked fine; however every time afterwards I get a "Save error" when attempting to save games. I'm assuming the card is full (it's most likely a used card) but I can't seem to format/erase/overwrite the current data. Any ideas?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The battery may be dead...I have two cards, one of which is dead and I get the same error.

It's only a matter of time before the batteries die in these cards...some are over 10 years old now.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by AM-NeoGeo:
<strong>The battery may be dead...I have two cards, one of which is dead and I get the same error.

It's only a matter of time before the batteries die in these cards...some are over 10 years old now.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're probably right... but why would it let me save the first time I used it and then the very next day go in the tank? I'm just confused at this point. :(

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
This reminds me (excuse the pun) to get the "how too" up, it is possible to replace the battery.

Shu

n00b
I just have a question, i was looking through the Neo-Glossary, and it says that Panasonic makes a compatible card that is a PCMCIA card, and i was wondering if anybody new what they looked like or where to get them?

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Shu:
<strong>I just have a question, i was looking through the Neo-Glossary, and it says that Panasonic makes a compatible card that is a PCMCIA card, and i was wondering if anybody new what they looked like or where to get them?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got curious on what you said and checked my PCMCIA cards...it didn't occur to me until now that the pinouts are IDENTICAL. I have a number of SANDISK cards around with PCMCIA holders...could I use that as a Neo Memory Card???

Slims Corp

New Challenger
I got curious on what you said and checked my PCMCIA cards...it didn't occur to me until now that the pinouts are IDENTICAL. I have a number of SANDISK cards around with PCMCIA holders...could I use that as a Neo Memory Card???

- just want to know if it worked.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Slims Corp:
<strong>I got curious on what you said and checked my PCMCIA cards...it didn't occur to me until now that the pinouts are IDENTICAL. I have a number of SANDISK cards around with PCMCIA holders...could I use that as a Neo Memory Card???

- just want to know if it worked.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I tried it this afternoon but received the same error message; I'm wondering if the problem is not with the memory card(s) but with the slot in the actual system. Is it normal for those slots to go bad?