help!!!

Mike

Bead Banger
I recently got a super gun and for some reason the controllers don't control the characters in the game!

I have tried setting up the soft dip and hard dip but one controller does the action buttons and the other controller does the movements.

Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong? It works fine with KOF '94 but it's a no go with Smaurai Showdown, Baseball Stars 2, ect...

Please help!

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Have you kicked the Neo Geo into test mode to see whats going on? You suing arcade joysticks or Neo Joysticks plugge into joystick ports on the MVS board itself?

Keith

Mike

Bead Banger
They are not plugged into the MVS board as I have one of the latest MVS-B compact boards. I am running it through the HGA supergun made by www.gwtrading.com

I have gone through the test modes but can't figure out what the problem is.

For all my games except King Of fighters '94 the first controller controls the jumping and the second controller controlled the attacks.

Again it works with no problem with King of Fighters. I don't understand. Any tips?

Thanks for your help.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I'm not famaliar at all with GW Tradings Super Gun..... Hmmmm....

It seems so wierd that KOF94 would work, but SS or BS2 would have problems....

If everything was having problems, it would be something wrong with the wiring on the harness....

Do you 'D' buttons work correctly in either Test mode or in KOF94?

The Super Gun is configured with Street Fighter 2 wiring, correct or incorrect?

Just osme ideas....

Keith

Mike

Bead Banger
You know it's a funny thing. THe controller is set up with 8 buttons: select, start, and 6 action buttons a la Street Fighter 2.

For the neo set up the top three and bottom right corner are A, B, C, D.

When I play King Of Fighters 94 all the buttons work fine including the "D" buttons but when I go into the test mode the "D" button switches from the bottom right corner position to the middle of the bottom row.

Does that indicate anything??

Mike

Bead Banger
I have come to a conclusion. It has to be that the Jamma harness has been wired incorrectly. There is no other reason that all the games would be shot.