What do I need to get an MVS for Home Use?

Vinevessel

n00b
Hello,

What do I need to actually running an MVS system in my own House? I read some of articles and posts but still not clear about it.

I am interested to use only single slot MVS board MV1-FZ ~US$200. Do I only need to buy those board and MAS Super Nova System? Is it hard to connect between the MVS board and Super Nova?

Is Super Nova from MAS System is the best for MVS Converter or there is other product which is better?

Thanks ALL!

Regards,

Ivan Adrianto.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I am up early today. lets see if you are wanting to play MVS at home basically you have 2 options.

1. The Super Nova setup with the MVS board. it is not to hard to setup and if you are only going to be playing neo games you can order them with the 4 button controller as opposed to the 6. Mas make one but there is also others out there here is one you can check out http://videogamedepot.cjb.net/. I do not use a super gun so I could say for sure which one is better.

2. Buy a neo geo system and a cart converter.

3. Of course you can if you buy a older one slot all you need is power to the board and to send the video out to your tv. since you can plug regular controlers into the board and use them.

4. YOu can also buy a neo MVS cab for the money you are talking about spending on a super gun 1 slot setup. You just have to know where to look though.

hope that helps

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
How do you connect an older 1 slot board to a tv without a supergun, etc?

Also how do you hook up the board to a power source? Does it have a place to hook up a power cord or do you have to solder some stuff?

Thanks

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
it still requires a special board to convert the signal coming out to send it over to the tv. But I believe there are some places that sell this board seperately. On the power you would need to buy a arcade P/s also. for parts you would need

1. Jamma harness
2. Arcade P/S
3. RGB to video converter
4. 2 neo sticks
5. older mvs board with joystick ports

all in all the parts would be only slightly cheaper then a super gun if not more depending on what type of neo sticks you use and requires you to hook it all up yourself (wire up the jamma harness and the other wireing involved). I just threw it out there as another option.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Acttally there looks like there may be another topic on RGB to svhs conversion which would make it cheaper if you did not need to by the board to do it.

Vinevessel

n00b
Thanks all for your help!

Well, if say, I want to get the Hyper Neo Geo 64 Motherboard MVS and want to use it at home, Can I use the same Super Nova System to hook it up into TV Set? Will the joystick can be used as well?

Thanks.

Ivan Adrianto.