Why SS3 is awesome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really liked the way the Hanzo Galford match played out. It also helped that the background was so well made.

15 years...

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
That user has two other SS3 vids up of similar quality.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Very nice indeed.

To think that people badmouth this game?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure you could make an epic fight video out of any garbage game. Like Tekken or some tripe.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's going to be even awesomer when the fix is completed for the hit detection, it will totally change the game. You can play it as it was supposed to be.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I've never been good at sam sho, and 3 totally murders me in 1p.
but it's totally great, don't like 4 very much and revisiting 3 always kind of
seals the deal for me.

also that galford/hanzo fight is amazing

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I've never been good at sam sho, and 3 totally murders me in 1p.
but it's totally great, don't like 4 very much and revisiting 3 always kind of
seals the deal for me.

also that galford/hanzo fight is amazing

The secret to beating the computer cold is to just AB swap positions up close. Get used to this and you can run over the cpu.

ni-ten

War Room Troll
I seriously tried a million times to get into ss3, mainly because of posts like this. I still despise it as much as when it originally came out. ...not in this life baby.
Carry on everyone.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
The secret to beating the computer cold is to just AB swap positions up close. Get used to this and you can run over the cpu.

wow.
I'll try it out.
I always had a hard time fighting close.
I know I'm not great, but I always found it difficult to get in close
(i use gaira and always try to land a throw)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
wow.
I'll try it out.
I always had a hard time fighting close.
I know I'm not great, but I always found it difficult to get in close
(i use gaira and always try to land a throw)

Drop gaira and learn ukyo. Hes amazing in this and he destroys the cpu.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,

This works really well against Zankuro. He'll fall for it almost everytime.

Another good technique is to get 3/4 of the screen away from the AI and throw a projectile. The AI will jump at you, and if you have any sort of upper-swing hard or medium slash you can nail him with it.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
If you really want to run through the CPU to get to Zankuro use bust Galford and follow the plasma blade with a running striking heads while the CPU is blocking. You can rush this game down with those two moves all day long.

Fuck, SSIII is still one of the best games on the Neo hands down :cool:

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I'm pretty sure you could make an epic fight video out of any garbage game. Like Tekken or some tripe.

It's hard to appreciate a match or combo vid when you know little about it.

When you watch some of the Tekken juggles involving punches, the notation would be like:

:upf:+4, 1, :forw:,:forw:,n+1, :forw:,:forw:,n+1 :forw:,:forw:,n+1, 4,3~:back:,:forw:~:back:,:forw:+4.

But to someone who knows nothing about the game they would assume the juggle was just
:upf:+4, 1, :forw:+1, :forw:+1, :forw:+1, 4,3,4

Similarly I always felt SS3 gameplay revolved around poking until a hard slash opportunity came by. I watched the vids but don't know half of what's going on. Wish I did.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I know a lot of people back SS2 as the best of the series but as far as I'm concerned 3 is the pinnacle. The sprites are fantastic, the backgrounds are gorgeous, the music and sound are some of the best in the series and the overall atmosphere is perfect. The only knocks against are the high '95 damage and sketchy hit detection (which will soon be fixed).

Samurai Showdown 3 is a masterpiece. Simply elegant.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I know a lot of people back SS2 as the best of the series but as far as I'm concerned 3 is the pinnacle. The sprites are fantastic, the backgrounds are gorgeous, the music and sound are some of the best in the series and the overall atmosphere is perfect. The only knocks against are the high '95 damage and sketchy hit detection (which will soon be fixed).

Been fixed for a while now Mike. And yes, it changed the game. Better than ever.

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!

I always liked this SS in the series, the only thing that I didn't like in the past, was when it was first out in the arcade, I would get to a certain point and the CPU would rape me in 4 hits or less...