Should I keep the carts in or out of Neo Geo

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hi. This is a stupid question, but does it matter if you keep the carts in the Neo Geo system after you are done playing instead of taking it out? I am too lazy to take it out every time I am done playing.

Shawn

snkusa.com
If you don’t change games often, then leave the cart in the system. Just be sure to turn your system off when not in use. Every time a cart is inserted or removed, it can potentially scratch the cart’s casing. You can actually measure how used a cart is from it’s insertion engravings. If it lacks any signs of insertion, it can probably be considered new or unplayed. Personally, I always remove my games, because I rarely play the same game twice in a row lately. I also recommend using a dust cover for your system.

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
I agree with Shawn, except for a different reason...

You should not keep removing the carts for no good reason because it will cause unnecessary wear on the contacts.

Mike

Bead Banger
Just make sure that you disconnect your system from the wall jack every time that you stop playing. In the rare circumstance that it may happen you could fry your system and your game if your house gets struck by lightning. (It happened to me with my super NEs)

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
You should always remove the carts when not in use. If you leave a cart in there over a long period of time, you could damage the cart sockets by making the contacts loose.

Jeff

C

charles

Another piece of advice. Buy a backup Home System. Even if it's just the base unit and power cord only. I have had systems fried by electrical storms, and it sucks.

Of course I live in the lightning capital of the world, but it can happen anywhere.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Just make sure that you disconnect your system from the wall jack every time that you stop playing. In the rare circumstance that it may happen you could fry your system and your game if your house gets struck by lightning. (It happened to me with my super NEs)

Every single piece of electronics I own is plugged into some sort of surge protector (or as in the case of my PC, an "UPS"). As a result, I've never lost any equipment due to power anomalies.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Thanks for the input. I am getting some mixed signals though. So, what's the bottomline. Should I keep it in or out?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
NOT.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ukyo

20 Year Member
YES.
smile.gif

No seriously, who knows...I always leave my Metal Slug 3 cart in when im not playing because the NEO looks so freakn crazy with this huge ass freakN cart jacked into it...

Ukyo

20 Year Member
YES.
smile.gif

No seriously, who knows...I always leave my Metal Slug 3 cart in when im not playing because the NEO looks so freakn crazy with this huge ass freakN cart jacked into it...