New to the site

Masamune

n00b
Hi all. I'm Nathan from CA, just found this website thanks to the latest Retro Gamer magazine. I won't say I'm necessarily new to the Neo Geo scene as I've been around Neo Geo games my whole life (I'm 28 so my teenage years were spent at the arcades playing SS2, World Heroes and Fatal Fury) although I'm fairly new to the home systems. I've been playing video games since I first got a NES as a little kid and even now I'm still a "video game junkie" as my girlfriend calls me.

I consider video game collecting my hobby as I've spent the past few years picking up all the games/systems that I could never afford as a kid (Sega CDX/32X, Sega Saturn, Atari Jaguar and recently a Neo Geo CD), some worthwhile and others not.

In the past few weeks of reading up on here and doing research, I've made the decision to have a cmvs built for me (no electrical experience) and build up a collection on the games that I know & love while finding new old games to enjoy. My goal is to soon buy a cab and start the gameroom I've always wanted.

And no worries, I'm a vet of 'boards (Camaro and later BMW) so I have thick skin, bring no drama and know not to "feed the trolls".

Cheers! :cool:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Welcome to the forums!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Watch out for your cornhole, bud.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Watch out for your cornhole, bud.

He's from around San Francisco, I'm sure he's used to guarding the gravy train to brown town.
LOL, I crack myself up.
Anyway, to OP: Welcome, and go Niners!
Your line about collecting all the consoles you couldn't afford as a kid really struck a nerve with me. That's kinda what got me into collecting them. Until last summer when I just had enough and sold all of them I had 33 different consoles, not counting 360 and PS3 which I kept. And I used to live in Santa Rosa.
Anyway, enjoy the camaraderie! ;)

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
Welcome to the board. Sounds like my SvC Kit is going to good people. I hope you enjoy it and the many other MVS games I'm sure you'll amass :vik:

Just curious, how was N-G.com brought up in the Retro Mag? Is this website a sponsor?

Masamune

n00b
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Welcome to the board. Sounds like my SvC Kit is going to good people. I hope you enjoy it and the many other MVS games I'm sure you'll amass :vik:

Just curious, how was N-G.com brought up in the Retro Mag? Is this website a sponsor?

It's a pretty good read. N-G.com was mentioned both in the article by Shawn as well as a little side "article" listed as "COMMUNITY: The best Neo Geo AES resources on the web" :

"This should be the first top for anyone with even a fleeting interest in the Neo Geo. Home to the infamous Neo Geo forums and its community of rabid fans, the site also features price guides, master game lists, game reviews, cartridge photos, collection galleries, and the Neo Store, where high-end Neo goods are regularly stocked from sources worldwide".

He's from around San Francisco, I'm sure he's used to guarding the gravy train to brown town.
LOL, I crack myself up.

LOL, I'm about an hour away from SF so I think I'm fairly safe. I think the only thing I have to watch out for are all the defective Priuses driving around!

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
lol.
retrogamer.

howdy dude.
welcome to the forums,
nice to see another NEO aficionado

geofest95

n00b
Good Job Nate....MVS is the cheapest route to get your gaming joysticks off! Pun intended
, I've spent 3 months at Berkley State, and I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of the Gay area
Oh I ment Bay area....sorry.....LOL.. My advise to you don't let your video game addictions get the best of you. Put your girl friend first and you shouldn't have any problems with her and your video gaming. Take Care!

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Welcome to teh drama. Hope that skin is really thick. Sounds like you'll do just fine.