Strider board picture ?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
If anyone has a working Strider board, can someone please take a good up close picture of the rom board so I can compare a few things against mine that is having some problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RGB32e

n00b
If anyone has a working Strider board, can someone please take a good up close picture of the rom board so I can compare a few things against mine that is having some problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have two CPS1 Strider boards. One uses about half the number of roms as the other (different capacities?). What area(s) of the rom board are you interested in?

Could you describe the symptoms of the problem?

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Here is a not so high def picture
Strider.pcb.jpg

Black IcE

15 Year Member
I have two CPS1 Strider boards. One uses about half the number of roms as the other (different capacities?). What area(s) of the rom board are you interested in?

Could you describe the symptoms of the problem?

When I turn it on, I just get a few blocks of miscolored graphics in the corner of the screen and it plays a song. I can post up a small clip of what it is doing if necessary. I know the A board is good. I looked for cut traces, reseated the roms, and tried to find anything out of the ordinary with no luck so far. ATM I do not have a eprom reader/writer to check the chips themselves which is my next step I guess. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
If music plays as soon as you power it on then the 68K CPU is not running. You have a bad RAM on the A board, damaged trace, bad program EPROM on the B board, or a bad C board.

The only way to really narrow it down is to swap parts to find the bad board then try to fix the board.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
If music plays as soon as you power it on then the 68K CPU is not running. You have a bad RAM on the A board, damaged trace, bad program EPROM on the B board, or a bad C board.

The only way to really narrow it down is to swap parts to find the bad board then try to fix the board.

Thanks for the tips. I know the A board works fine. I can run SF2CE and SF2T just fine. I also tried using the stider c board on a sf2 board and it booted fine (albiet some graphic probs). I think it may be either a bad trace or program rom. I will double check the board for cut traces and pick up a rom programmer to check the roms out.