New SNK fighter coming out?

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
it's either an arcade tornament (based on the fact its at a-cho), or a new NGBC-type game.

it's either an arcade tornament (based on the fact its at a-cho), or a new NGBC-type game.

My money is clearly on the former. Typically, we hear about a new SNKP game months ahead of time. SNKP releasing info on a game only seven weeks prior to launch seems absurd and would no doubt belie the fact that the game itself would be a rushed product. Also, notice that the poster has no copyright date anywhere on the poster. That would've indicated it to be an official product.

And yet, if it were the test date for an early prototype of a new game, I'll be all for it (though, given SNKP's track record since KOF XII, I'd also be worried as to how badly they'd screw things up this time around).

oni2382

New Challenger
Or hopefully its a countdown to an announcement of a new game. I hope so I'd love to see a new SVC chaos or NGBC with KoFXII graphics....

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
What are the odds of a Neo Geo Battle Coliseum sequel coming out? How well did it do?

oni2382

New Challenger
Don't know the odd but I'd imagine it did well enough to warrant a sequel...The game was pretty good they just tried a little too hard to balance it. (i.e. evasive rolls used up some of your super gauge WTF?!?!?!?) The roster was pretty different too I only wished the supers did a tad more damage and EVERYONE had a special team double assault...

snk`

Kula's Candy
NGBC sequel sounds good, and a new SNK fighter doesn't sound bad either.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
It's their new pachinko game.
Turns out aruze had it right all along.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is how the dumbest rumors get started.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
It's cool that a-cho is putting on another SNK tournament. Last Blade 2, MotW, and KOF. Last thing I seen from a-cho was the dueling kof match vids which were entertaining.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I was going to head out there with my buddy Noc for the Garou tourney, but the trip would have cost too much and we're both busy as hell recently. It sounds like its going to be a lot of fun too. Garou MOTW, Last Blade 2 and KOF 98.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
SNKP: The king of pachinko, mobile erogames, and flying kof character shmups.
The future is now!

Nah, it's a tourney announcement. Black Shroud is just saying that SNK doesn't release 'real' video games anymore. Funny thing about this statement is the fact, that he hasn't even bought ANY SNK-game in his entire life. He's just a rom user.

Isn't it a sad world were even pure emulator users complain about the release-politics of game developers?

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who would still want a NGBC sequel even with the old sprites?

Captain Kidd FTW

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Meh....

Just came in to say I'm still annoyed by KOF XII.

Just...terrible. I wish they were managed better.