Color brightness AES JP machine

lspear76

I am a bad seller. Fuck international buyers. Fuck
Hi,

Just hooked up my Neo Geo AES system, it's a Japanese one. I notice that sometimes the color gets brighter or duller every now and then. For example, when I play Football Frenzy, the screen color seems to go duller when I get to the 1P vs COM or 1P vs CPU screen. When I start playing the game, it goes back to full rich color. I also notice this happens sometimes on the starting splash screen. I can see the SNK letters turn from dim blue to brighter blue. Does anyone else have this problem? Could it be my HDTV, or A/V cable? It doesn't happen all the time, it seems random, but random on the same screens, if that makes any sense.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I suggest you try the machine on another TV as soon as possible. Preferably a CRT.

Surely you've got at least 5 TV's at your house, why even post here before trying the obvious.

lspear76

I suggest you try the machine on another TV as soon as possible. Preferably a CRT.

Surely you've got at least 5 TV's at your house, why even post here before trying the obvious.

Why would you think I had at least 5 TV's?

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
This sounds like an electrical problem within the console; you might want to open it up and probe around with your finger near the video output. Perhaps the DAC register outputs are being overloaded or there is a dry joint causing intermittent connection.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
It could be the DIN plug of the AV cable. I've made a few cables of my own not realizing the electronic store near me had a batch if crappy DIN ends. When I used them it acted like your saying. Did you try to gently shake the DIN plug while the game is playing to see if it changes?

lspear76

I don't have any other TVs, put I did dig out my Commodore 1084 monitor and tried the system. Guess what? Colors are always perfect. So it must be my Samsung HDTV.

Last edited:

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I don't have any other TVs, put I did did out my Commodore 1084 monitor and tried the system. Guess what? Colors are always perfect. So it must be my Samsung HDTV.

I sometimes use an old commodore monitor with my AES. Those things are nice! Sharp picture and nice colors.

lspear76

I like your little setup there. I will get a stand like yours and put my Commodore monitor on top.