Taito Type X2 Hacked to run on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

riskVSreward

Rugal's Thug
I read this on GAF today and was surprised no one posted it here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385813

BlazBlue Continuam Shift has already been hacked and running on PC's.
Just heard Samurai Shodown Sen has been dumped, looks like the floodgates have opened and this isn't just releated to BlazBlue but all Taito Type X2 game (maybe even X and X+).

I've seen this posted at a few forums since, so it seems legit. :(

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
it is indeed legit.

easy to find if your curious.

I'll wait for the port with the netplay happyness myself though :)

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
System is pretty much a PC. Hoping for KOF XII in the near future ^_^

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So is this actually real?

From what I've heard, the encryption hasn't actually been broken. Arc System Works accidentally sent out a pre-release version of BBCS without the encryption in place, which is what got leaked onto the net.

Maybe I heard wrong?

riskVSreward

Rugal's Thug
That's what I heard too, at first, but apparently Samurai Shodown Sen is floating around now too.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
Yeah, it's real. It's also damn good.

It runs on most PC setups, although some machines may have issues running it depending on graphics card configurations.

A few months ago I was having a discussion with someone on how I figured by the end of the year, we'd probably be seeing the TypeX platform cracked in some way. I was a month off, I guess. :)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's been in the works for a good long time.

This is actually a leak, it wasn't supposed to reach the public this early, in its current state.

And Windows-based arcade games have been cracked to run on normal PCs for years y'all :V

westtrade

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Taito should have never used a pc for there arcade platform. But maybe this will push other Dev's to the PGM 2.

Edit:

Just tried it on my work pc and it works fine.

Last edited:

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
edit: bye bye download links, didnt kno that u r a really new rls game.

Last edited:

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
Cant help u as I havent d/l this complete yet & my vid card is HD4870. lets see if it play.

Dling but it will take ages with my connection.

I doubt it will run anyway since my setup isn´t even close on what the game should run.

AMD and 6800ultra

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
I'll probably download it out of curiosity, I only have a modest spec notebook to play on but it's more capable than the X2 I'm pretty sure.

Maybe some custom proprietary hardware will return in arcade boards so this sort of stuff wouldn't be so simple to get around. I know PC based systems are much more workable from developer point of view, but if encryption is the only thing stopping one from running the game on a run of the mill PC then it's only a matter of time.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Too bad for Sen to get hacked before it could get released on consoles everywhere. That could hurt sales.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
Well, there's BlazBlue CS all over the net, but I only saw few Sen screens (menu & select screen, no gameplay screens/videos), so at moment I cant say if Sen is properly dumped/hacked. Anyway on console version you get playable bosses and netplay, so if people will like the game they will probably buy console version too.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Impressive they got it working

As a side note ; this updated BlazBlue (my favorite fighter for the last six months) doesn't really seem to have a ton of 'new' compared to Super SFIV. Hope its worth it when it comes out

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
Capcom will celebrate this for sure, with SSF4 being a direct to console release, and only (now outdated and also lacking console exclusive characters, and already having PC port) SF4 being released on Taito X2

Status
Not open for further replies.