Beware Atomikwave Conversions!

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Ok, I am not going to just sit by and watch our members get scammed by a company who is selling conversions to scammers. Its time to speak up. The company Atomikwave, has been selling conversions on ebay as conversions that are almost identical in artwork to the original. This French company does not claim that their product is original. That said, scammers have been buying these conversions and selling them as originals on the forum. I know of at least two instances where scammers have been caught trying to pass this shit off on unsuspecting members. If it wasn't for the good eye of a few experts on the forum, there would be more. These Atomikwave conversions are really well done. I am a collector of over 20 years, and I can't tell these from the real thing by just looking at a picture. BEWARE! Buy from only respected members. Don't buy from noobies with no feedback! It may be a sign of the times as now there are conversions that can fool the experts! tlh

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Thought this was a thread about fake Atomiswave games at first.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
From what I can tell their artwork is dull looking with little to no gloss. However that is pretty easy to fix and they may get better over time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thought this was a thread about fake Atomiswave games at first.

Me, too. I wish I could make my own Atomiswave cart. I would change my Neowave to something like Faster Than Speed.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
System, your eye is better than mine. Check out the post below re:Pulstar. Those Pulstar pics are glossy looking to me, but I will bet you that the poor member who bought it will find out its a fake when he finally opens it. tlh

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Me, too. I wish I could make my own Atomiswave cart. I would change my Neowave to something like Faster Than Speed.

Hey, Neowave isn't that bad, it makes a great paperweight. Seriously, it would be nice to be able to change Neowave into something useful. Even if I could convert it into a digital clock or something.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I like carts like Neowave. Cheap carts make great testbed carts for repairing systems. ;)

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
System, your eye is better than mine. Check out the post below re:Pulstar. Those Pulstar pics are glossy looking to me, but I will bet you that the poor member who bought it will find out its a fake when he finally opens it. tlh

It is hard to tell from most photos. Since the flash usually adds too much glare, but without a flash it's hard to see the details. Basically, it's just an educated guess unless you can examine it in person, or if the buyer opens it up.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Hmm Neowave is not up to the calibre of most of the NG KOF's but its still quite a good game if you ask me.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
It is hard to tell from most photos. Since the flash usually adds too much glare, but without a flash it's hard to see the details. Basically, it's just an educated guess unless you can examine it in person, or if the buyer opens it up.

I guess its coming to that. That said, most of my purchases are over the internet. Now, I am going to ask to see pics of the inside of the cart as well on expensive purchases. Or, the best approach is to just purchase from known reliable sources like Tom and others..tlh

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
It certainly isn't like new. From the awesome 1 picture he provided it looks dirty and the clear insert protector is warped.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Just bought the thread subject game (Pulstar AES). Soon I will know if its legit. The seller seems like a straight shooter though, so probably ok. We will see. Expensive cart, but history seems ok..tlh

xorthen

Banned
Just bought the thread subject game (Pulstar AES). Soon I will know if its legit. The seller seems like a straight shooter though, so probably ok. We will see. Expensive cart, but history seems ok..tlh

You won't be disapointed. Very glossy sticker, insert, manual. It's legit.