Quick MVS Question...

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
I have a Super Neo 29 with a 4 slot and recently acquired a King of the Monsters kit. When the cabinet is on, it cycles through all the games like usual except when it gets to King of the Monsters - it stays on this game and stops cycling. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

Shiftyfink

Geese's Thug
Because thats the way it is. KOTM is one of the Older carts that will NOT cycle through. Cant do a thing about it. Really sucks.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
dude.. that sucks, any more that do that?

I could live without KOTM anyway

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Pretty sure it only does that if you have the machine set on free-play.

Turn the free-play mode off and it should work fine.

At least, that's how my KotM works... ;)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
My Mvs king of the Monsters does that too.
I had it in the second slot then I stuck it in the 4th slot after it wouldn't get out of the Demo screen.It would stay stuck and drive me crazy.I cleaned the cart several times with no prevail.It still wont cycle through even in the 4th slot.
Now its out of the machine.
I thought the cart was bad,but your post reply's has cleared that up.
My machine wasn't on Free play when I had that cart in.
I didn't try this but if you must leave it in the machine you may be able to turn off the Demo in the Soft dip setup.
That must of sucked for Arcade owners.

[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: chris1 ]</p>

Shiftyfink

Geese's Thug
The only other MVS cart that has Issues is Thrash Rally. Can't select the different tracks if you have it on "Free Play".

Both games aggrivated me because of thier quirks and OUT they went. HA HA! Im anal like that.

I need fish.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Here is something interesting on my KOTM , if I have it in free-play I can play VS mode but when its set to credits I cant.

I have dug around in the soft dip and there is nothing there , any ideas ? Im thinking its geared for a dual mech cabinet and since mine is a single it will only give you the option for one player.

Weird , maybe I missed something ?

Another weird thing is my Thrash Rally doesnt have the link jacks and there is no difference between free-play and credit mode , I dont get the track option mentioned above at all.

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: candycab ]</p>

Shiftyfink

Geese's Thug
Another weird thing is my Thrash Rally doesnt have the link jacks and there is no difference between free-play and credit mode , I dont get the track option mentioned above at all. <hr></blockquote>

Ok its been a while, like I said I ditched this cart. Try this: Make sure the Hard dip is NOT on Free Play AND make sure you set a time limit (like 30 sec) for game select on the Soft dips, cabnet set up. I think then you will be able to choose between the 2 tracks.