KOF '95 coming to the Wii Virtual Console

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
SNK sure does love the wii. I'd pay for each and every release on XBLA of their old Neo catalog.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Well you'd imagine I gets then some easy money, might be worth firing up my wii sometime. Roll no the metal slugs and the rest of the biggies.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I cant understand a word these noobs are saying.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
i'm still waiting for iron clad coming to europe VC!!!:mad:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Yeah, itll be well worth the wait to play it in all of its shitty slowed-down, letterboxed 50hz glory.

Get a cart made up.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, itll be well worth the wait to play it in all of its shitty slowed-down, letterboxed 50hz glory.

Get a cart made up.

Hi, just asking cause I don't have the console, but do all VC games on european Wii play in 50Hz?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Whats the point really? They already released a 94-98 compilation disc?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I have the Wii compilation of '94-'98 and to be honest, if you are a fan of this series, you own a Wii and this collection is available in your corner of the world there's no reason not to buy it. It's the better way to go. And get a fighting stick. I use the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Madcatz stick and it works great (I even like the arcade style matte finish on the face), but the Hori stick is a good one, too.

It's good to see some classic Neo titles get some Wii VC love, though.

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
SNK sure does love the wii. I'd pay for each and every release on XBLA of their old Neo catalog.

XBLA gets the best of the best in some cases remastered the Wii just gets sloppy seconds

Whats the point really? They already released a 94-98 compilation disc?

Not arcade perfect though. Load times, needless censoring and other issues that make them total crap.

Unless you get the Japanese PS2 orochi collection which loses 94 and 98 but are AES perfect with progressive scan color edit and arrange soundtracks.

Last edited:

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
lol godofhardcore advising on neo stuff

:lolz:

GO LOL yourself you aspie troll

I'd rather play KOF 95 than anything SNK has put on XBLA, save FFS.

KOF 98 in it's unfinished form was passable actually all the game they put on XBLA were pretty decently ported inspite of popular opinion which doesn't mean shit.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
KOF 98 in it's unfinished form was passable actually all the game they put on XBLA were pretty decently ported inspite of popular opinion which doesn't mean shit.

1995 is my Neo cut-off date. I may still like some of the games after that year, but 89-95 are my Neo golden years. I just don't see why SNK doesn't put more of their games up for download online. You'd figure it would be an easy cash-in for them.

Also, the popular opinion of most SNK fighters online being shit stems from their playability (or rather, lack of) against others online. This is one area where SNK really needs to step up their game. Still, I'll take a regular port of KOF95 with no online mode and be happy with it.

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
All the good stuff for the Neo Geo came after 1995 Garou, Metal Slug, Sengoku 3.

Also you have an error there there is no 1989 for the neo geo as it did not launch until april 1990

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Thing is, Wes is a huge FFS nut, that game is his cotton candy from our history together as players, I'd say that game was un-toppable for him as a neo-geo title, its like the SSF2X of the neo-geo, and its one of the my top 3 favorite fighting games of all time also. That spot isn't easily had, and the other two games are capcom titles, alpha 2 and 3S.

After 1995 truly ended, it was the major end of the truly classic style neo-geo titles.

I still consider Samurai III the best SS ever, a thought many would largely disagree with, and RBFF was an amazing game at good levels of play. That game has such fantastic replay, its unreal really. I'd love to play that game with others and put up match videos, because it is one title I could become ridiculously destructive in due to it being different then any other fighter. It is one of a chosen few games where footsies aren't king, and I still love it. Its also way damn better then RBS by a mile, and actually more fun then the masterpiece that is RBFF2.

BTW, anyone who likes sengoku 3 I cannot see why, that game is unfun, repetitive, and the enemies are shit in it. I found semi infinite juggle loops playing that game for the first time. After beating that shit, I can never do it again.

Sengoku 3 is a stinking pile of diatribe style horse manure and I could never like that game. The enemies are just unfun to fight in it also, not even due to difficulty. Those frogs for instance. I can't even begin to describe what a pile that game is, especially in terms of replayability. Its a game best played if you only have that one game and have a pointless one cc goal.

Last edited:

Neo Pocky

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You're going to try to argue my tastes, now?

KOF XII was based on KOF 95 so it can't be that bad. I've played it myself and it is pretty fun. (Although it is quite hard!:envy:)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well, personal taste are just that, opinions. One of my nephews just can't get enough of Joy Joy Kid and finishes 10 levels in half an hour. I love puzzle games and can get past the bland graphics, but that game is just not in my taste.