MVS4 Unibios help

I got around to switching my original 4 slot with a unibios 4 slot, but I don't see anything different when using the board. It boots up as usual, only I notice it's set to freeplay now. I bought the board already modified but no Unibios instructions.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to set the jumpers a certain way to have the unibios menu come up. I tried the 3 button combo on player one, but nothing happens.
Along with the board, I also received the original bios, a toshiba chip. Could that be the bios, and I have to switch them?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.

If it helps, the chip on board is labeled "SP-S2", and the MVS connector has wires soldered to pins 26 and 28 (or maybe 25 and 27???) leading to a button micro switch.

Additionally, I removed free play from the board. Now all dip switches are set to off.

Last edited:

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Maybe this would help

http://unibios.free.fr/howitworks.html

I got around to switching my original 4 slot with a unibios 4 slot, but I don't see anything different when using the board. It boots up as usual, only I notice it's set to freeplay now. I bought the board already modified but no Unibios instructions.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to set the jumpers a certain way to have the unibios menu come up. I tried the 3 button combo on player one, but nothing happens.
Along with the board, I also received the original bios, a toshiba chip. Could that be the bios, and I have to switch them?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.

If it helps, the chip on board is labeled "SP-S2", and the MVS connector has wires soldered to pins 26 and 28 (or maybe 25 and 27???) leading to a button micro switch.

Additionally, I removed free play from the board. Now all dip switches are set to off.

Yea, I tried all the obvious info on the FAQ, but as I see screenshots of the unibios I notice that when my neo boots up, I get the same neo geo boot bios screen I've always gotten. Nothing happens when I try the key combinations.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Kinda sounds like you're running the stock bios. Sounds like the extra chip ou've got is the unibios. Maybe check that page and try swapping them.

Yea, I tried all the obvious info on the FAQ, but as I see screenshots of the unibios I notice that when my neo boots up, I get the same neo geo boot bios screen I've always gotten. Nothing happens when I try the key combinations.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You don't have a Unibios if the chip says SP-S2. It should either have a window or a sticker on it.

Yea, it's got a sticker that says SP-S1. The other chip is a toshiba chip that has SP-J2 on the chip itself. It was sold to me as having a Unibios, but I may have been had... I have 2 bios chips then.