Portable Neo Geo gaming

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Anyone here try (or have) that Dingoo A320 handheld? It looks like a pretty sweet way to play your Neo Geo games on the go.

J. Max

judas,
The GP2X Wiz is better. I found the Dingoo to be a little too slow.

Clessy

Banned
Guess what. PSP better than anything and it even has its own games on it too.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Yeah, I don't own a PSP. The A320 is smaller & under $100, so I was just wondering how it ran the NEO games.

I may give it a try.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
You can get cheap original PSP's on the bay for cheap. I actually perfer the original anyway...the 2000 model felt like I could snap it if I barely even tried

SSS

neo retired
You can get cheap original PSP's on the bay for cheap. I actually perfer the original anyway...the 2000 model felt like I could snap it if I barely even tried

the 2000 has more ram and does not require as many neo roms to have premade cache files taking up space on the memory card.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,

The 1000 series screen is the worst one. Ghosting and not as colorful.

Spectre

Banned
Has anyone ever made a badass mvs handheld? I recently picked up a yobo fc-16 go for portable snes, but there are some mad homemade handhelds out there, n64, dreamcast, gamecube etc.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ben Heck made 2 of them but they are ugly and bulky as shit.

I would mind seeing someone use PSP hardware to make one in a custom Neo inspired shell, at least that way it really is portable.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice

I would mind seeing someone use PSP hardware to make one in a custom Neo inspired shell, at least that way it really is portable.

I thought about that before, but never got around to exploring it, waiting for a psp to be about $50.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I thought about that before, but never got around to exploring it, waiting for a psp to be about $50.

You know that not every PSP can be hacked for custom firmware, right? The ones with CFW or that are hackable are always going to go for more.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member

I saw such a "beast" in a german games forum as well.

Looked pretty stylish but as you said not really for playing on the go.

Seemed like way to heavy!!!

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
the nintendo ds runs neo geo great with neo ds,you can look on racketboy how to install it with a r4 card.

use the older ds cus the d pad is better for pulling off moves;)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
...you could say this is hardly news...

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
the nintendo ds runs neo geo great with neo ds,you can look on racketboy how to install it with a r4 card.

use the older ds cus the d pad is better for pulling off moves;)

Neo DS is ugly as hell. The DS screen just isn't the right resolution for Neo games. They looked squished and ugly just like Metal Slug 7 did, and using the expanded screen mode often cuts off info you might need (like life bars or super bars) in a lot of games.