Kof 2001 on the phantom -1

grub200

n00b
I just got kof2001 mvs and i play it using my phantom 1 on my aes machine but the menu screens (options and practice)look like the rom, also in practice the super bars are glitchy when i start also like the rom, does anyone know what the problem is? thanks

K

Kyo 2000

Sounds like a bootleg KOF 2001 cart. You didn't come out and say it's official, so that's what it sounds like.

You get what you pay for on these things. If you bought a bootleg, you deserve the ass-fucking that comes along with it.

If not, could be dirty/loose slots on the home system.

ronjermeyforpres

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have the exact problem with the exact same setup that you have and I am pretty sure my cart is original. I didn't take it apart but it has one chip that is black and another one that is normal, and if I understood the Arcade! website that's a pretty good indicator it's real. I don't know what causes those glitches, but you're not alone. And just like you, when I asked questions on this forum about it, I was scolded by a bunch of assholes about owning a rom. Isn't it funny how a forum that's supposed to PROMOTE the neo has so many members who exist soley to bitch about it, or some related issues like boots, roms, or NGF?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
As I heard it, the original KOF2K1 MVS cart did not have the finalized NGH modes and menus put into place... they were added later when the home cart came out. That would explain that, no?

-Deuce

grub200

n00b
Yeah looks like that must be it, as i'm pretty positive that my cart is official as i trust where i got it from as i've got many carts from them before and has always been good, i'll have to live with the options i guess, i just hope they don't do the same with 2002! thanks

ronjermeyforpres

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If it helps any, to turn the difficulty down, go into options, click left 3 times, up and then A.

ronjermeyforpres

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I guess now would be a good time to ask if anyone has a better knowledge or a pic of the option screen...

slerch666

updyke,
Originally posted by Kyo 2000:
<strong>Sounds like a bootleg KOF 2001 cart. You didn't come out and say it's official, so that's what it sounds like.

You get what you pay for on these things. If you bought a bootleg, you deserve the ass-fucking that comes along with it.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey now, no reason to be angry. I mean, it's really easy to pick up a bootleg copy of something and not be aware of it.

Now if someone bought a bootleg ON PURPOSE, they deserve the Ass-Fucking.'

And just so this is On-Topic, I have a non-bootleg KoF 2K1 and an MVS 4-Slot with the 4X BIOS. My copy exhibits the same problem as above in Home mode. I agree that the menus probably weren't completed in the MVS version of the game.

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: slerch666 ]</p>

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Originally posted by slerch666:
<strong>

And just so this is On-Topic, I have a non-bootleg KoF 2K1 and an MVS 4-Slot with the 4X BIOS. My copy exhibits the same problem as above in Home mode. I agree that the menus probably weren't completed in the MVS version of the game.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know this is a month old, but people who are having this problem may find it reassuring that I am having this same problem when the Universe BIOS on my 1-slot is set to home mode.

My KOF2001 kit is brand new, complete with all extras and serial numbers, 100% legit, and the menus are screwy when set to NGH.