Atlus USA announces Metal Slug XX for PSP

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
metalslugxx_faithful_announcement_3.jpg

Atlus?! O RLY?

Strange that SNKP won't release it themselves.

Isn't this a remix of 7? If so, color me uninterested.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
metalslugxx_faithful_announcement_3.jpg

Atlus?! O RLY?

Strange that SNKP won't release it themselves.

Isn't this a remix of 7? If so, color me uninterested.

SNKP hasn't published their own titles since SNKPUSA folded...I think their last title was SamSho Antho.

This is further proof that Ignition is shitcanning SNKP. Ah well, it's SNKP's own damn fault.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Yah, it really does look like Ignition might be dropping SNKP if this is going through Atlus.. I'm sure the sales of Metal Slug 7 and King of Fighters 12 went under expectations, and the King of Fighters 12 patch situation.. meh.

Any ways, Atlus? There are Atlus fan boys coming out of the walls that just buy anything that says Atlus on it. And I really don't know if that is a good thing. I have very little hope that Metal Slug XX will be much if ANY better than MS7 and any sort of potentially increased sales numbers could give SNKP the impression that this is the sort of game we want.

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
Ultimate Metal Slug fans can purchase Leona, a seventh playable character with her own unique abilities, via PlayStation Store for just 99 cents!

LOL @ that, for sumthin that already existing in the game.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm not going to lie, I'm going to get it.

Not right away, I only just picked up the MS Anthology in December:loco:

SSS

neo retired
LOL @ that, for sumthin that already existing in the game.

I refuse to purchase extra content like this. This nickel and dime shit needs to stop. What are they going to do next generation, charge us extra for surround sound?

Outkast99

Banned
SNKPUSA is folded? I didn't know that.

I still see their 1999-like website still up :(

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I refuse to purchase extra content like this. This nickel and dime shit needs to stop. What are they going to do next generation, charge us extra for surround sound?

I made a whole thread regarding DLC and why it is BS that stuff contained on the disc requires fee's as high as 12.99$ to give you a 100kb download that just unlocks it from your existing game.

The way things are going, I may just stop with gaming on a bigger scale in the near future, because I've been saving/investing more and feel that money is better used on things I can pay off immediately or immediately own, not some game that costs 60$ plus other nonsense fee's for shit already contained. The ONLY dlc that should be legally sold is DLC that is a totally different thick file add on. Either that, or they can fuck off.

I also predicted recently that SNKP would fold, and I don't feel a bit sorry about this.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Metal Slug XX is indeed a remix of Metal Slug 7. I was wondering why people who have already played the game (ARRRRRRRRRRR MATEYS) were wondering why there was no other way to play as Leona other than using CWCHEAT codes.

$19.99 is a great price, but PAID DLC for the PSP? Give me a fucking break. Also keep in mind that this game is also coming out for Xbox Live Arcade, likely for $10.

I made a whole thread regarding DLC and why it is BS that stuff contained on the disc requires fee's as high as 12.99$ to give you a 100kb download that just unlocks it from your existing game.

The way things are going, I may just stop with gaming on a bigger scale in the near future, because I've been saving/investing more and feel that money is better used on things I can pay off immediately or immediately own, not some game that costs 60$ plus other nonsense fee's for shit already contained. The ONLY dlc that should be legally sold is DLC that is a totally different thick file add on. Either that, or they can fuck off.

I wouldn't even refer to this kind of DLC as "DLC." They're unlock keys. Namco is by far the worst offender when it comes to this.

Although there have also been instances of actual DLC being released that was purposely kept out of the original game, so that the companies could make more money; Tomb Raider Underworld's two extra levels are a good example of this. It's proven to profitable.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Already played & enjoyed the game on the DS, not going to give this a chance.

I'm 100% for re-release of titles, but if you're going to do that, you had better make some kind of significant improvement. All it appears they did with this one is change things just enough to try to call it new (MS2 to MSX style, obviously). At least 2 to X had some needed slowdown fixes & such, this is just BS.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Already played & enjoyed the game on the DS, not going to give this a chance.

I'm 100% for re-release of titles, but if you're going to do that, you had better make some kind of significant improvement. All it appears they did with this one is change things just enough to try to call it new (MS2 to MSX style, obviously). At least 2 to X had some needed slowdown fixes & such, this is just BS.

It's on a system with resolution that can handle the game and not make it look squished and ugly. That alone makes it better than MS7.

I never bothered with it on DS since it looked so awful. Contra IV was more than enough.

It's on a system with resolution that can handle the game and not make it look squished and ugly. That alone makes it better than MS7.

I never bothered with it on DS since it looked so awful. Contra IV was more than enough.

I have the DS version and think it looks pretty good for being on such a small screen. I don't think I'd be paying to DL it on any other system, though... It's mediocre but just not as much fun as the older games (Like X & 3).

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
I didn't get the DS version because of all the bad reviews so I'm glad they are putting in on PSP. Almost gave in because I love me some MS

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
It's supposed to drop on PSP tomorrow.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Still waiting on the 360 version. I want a big screen MS7 with 2-player support.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Didn't get MS7, so I'll be picking this one up instead.