Monitor question

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
I know this is probably a dumb question, but I just have to make sure. With the vertical shooters on the Neo Geo MVS--you dont have to rotate the arcade monitor do you? I think they just play on the horizontal monitor as designed, but just making sure.

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
I also wanted to ask: Is it really beneficial to have an arcade cabinet with a rotatable monitor? Are there that many games where you would have to rotate the monitor? I think all MVS and Naomi or other more recent arcade boards are all able to on a horizontal monitor. Thanks

All the Neo games like Strikers work with a horizontal monitor, the games you will not be able to play properly are games like Mazinger Z the shooting game, and Macross Plus among others, if there is any particular game you are wondering is Horizontal or vertical, check http://www.klov.com/ they have lots of info there.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Although all neogeo games are horizontal, I notice that my neogeo/snk 6 slot cabs, red and white ( made by liesure & allied ind in Australia ) have option for vertical orientation. Are the US cabs the same ???
These cabs are dedicated ngeo, never seen any other kind of jamma game in them.