Yeah...aNOTHER damn noob

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Hey everybody! ("Hey, Dr Nick!")
Anyway, I tried to post a thread introducing myself a couple days ago, but since it doesnt seem anybody is approving posts for noobs like myself yet, I'ma try again.

I live in Albuquerque, NM, USA. I live alone, which allows me to have a kickass home arcade. I've only been collecting for about 6 months. Before that I collected home consoles for almost 20 years. I had a huge collection, but got sick of having boxes everywhere collecting dust. Last count I had over 30 systems and well over 500 games.

Anyway I sold all of them, and got addicted to arcade cabs.
I've got pics in an album on my profile, check em out!

This is a really cool site, and I hope to be a part of it for a long time.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Welcome. I'm new here also. I hope you enjoy it as I have been.

Thanks, man! To tell you the truth, I've already had a couple good deals with people on here, so I'm lovin it.

Not long ago I was ready to drive out there to FL cause I found a damn good deal on a cab on CL. I can't remember what game it was, but it just ended up that I couldn't get enough time off from work.
Next time I'll ask you to grab it for me! :cool:
Kidding.

Your video game history is the exact same as mine. Got sick of all those consoles, but for me it wasn't the dusty boxes, it was all the ugly cables everywhere. Also once I tried a supergun I knew I had to get some cabs. One of the best decisions I ever made was making the switch to arcade games. Welcome to teh drama!

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Thanks Voltronbadass! Your screen name is...well...badass!

Yeah actually, the cables was another thing for me as well. One large box ( at least 3'x3'x2') JUST to hold all of em. And don't get me started on the controllers, peripherals, and all that crap.

Seriously, I threw out several boxes of old EGMs cause I couldn't find anybody who wanted them. Feel like I'ma regret that one in a few years...

Tallahassee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hmmm...I wonder if you almost bought the same cab I am working on buying. Interesting. If you ever need someone in the area to store a cab for you until you can make the trip to pick it up feel free to contact me.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Hmmm...I wonder if you almost bought the same cab I am working on buying. Interesting. If you ever need someone in the area to store a cab for you until you can make the trip to pick it up feel free to contact me.

OK, that's just fuckin awesome.
On the flip side, you ever need somebody to grab one from Phoenix, Denver, El Paso, or Albuquerque, you let me know! :D

Tallahassee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sounds good. I go to Boulder which is very close to Denver a few times a year. Feel free to stop by next time you are in Florida. I can also pick items up from the Miami and Orlando areas. Heading there this weekend to check out some cabs. Glad to see that you are enjoying this site. I just recently found this site and it has me addicted to Neo-Geo already.