KOFUM Strategy thread

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Hi all,

After playing KOF98UM for a while, I finally moved to 2002UM to see what's new and find some competition. But for starters, I absolutely SUCK at KOFs. That being said, I create that thread so anybody can talk about UM strategy and combos. So feel free to ask/answer whatever you want about 98 and 2002 UMs.

So first, changed my whole team from 98 to 2002 so I need some serious advice about the new characters. I now practice with Hinako and I really need major help about what to do with her. I really like her style but I still don't feel her gameplay. So let's talk about the Hinako dos and don'ts.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow.
Not many people like Hinako.
I enjoyed using her in 00 but for some reason I remembered
they made her less useful through the remaining years that she was included in the games.
Can't exactly remember what it was though since I didn't really get into much of anything
past 00 in the first place.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm not sure what the differences are between just regular 98 and UM98, but there's a KOF98 combo thread that you can check out with tons of stuff to hold you over until this thread gets going.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I'm not sure what the differences are between just regular 98 and UM98, but there's a KOF98 combo thread that you can check out with tons of stuff to hold you over until this thread gets going.

Did that, thanks. I thought people would be interested in talking about the game but anyway.

oni2382

New Challenger
Nameless is pretty nasty (though his name sucks lol) and I'm glad they decided to bring Lin back as well. I think it plays very close to the original 02 but I'll look into and let you know....Biggest question is how do you prefer to play fighters...Are you more aggressive or do you play a more reactive game style?