KOF XII music downloads on XBL

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
So there's these new downloads on XBL for KOF XII... Classic music, jazz, hard rock... Anybody actually pay to download these? I'm curious as to what it's all about.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
What the fuck!? Talk about seriously overpriced. The only one I'd even consider is the "Classic" one. I may grab that one just for grins ... but $4 each for the rest? No thanks.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
THIS IS NOT THE DLC WE WANTED SUCKP

FIX THE FUCKING ONLINE :mad:

/rage

What the fuck is going on with this company?!?!?!?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't see a "classic" one mentioned on that page. Samples of the hard rock are up.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
As nobody is playing this game anymore, I don't see the point of making this download available in the US.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
As nobody is playing this game anymore, I don't see the point of making this download available in the US.
?? They should go out of their way to restrict certain regions from downloading it?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Anything SNK-P does to remind us of this game's existence should be in the form of an apology and a very large set of concessions for the inconvenience, not in providing us with overpriced and ultimately useless DLC.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Let me get this straight.

I paid sixty dollars for this game. Sixty fucking dollars. I knew damn well what I was getting myself into - that there was practically no single player game, which I'm okay with. I made my peace with the character roster, knowing that it took time to redraw all these characters and certain favorites were omitted. When it came down to it I thought the game was fun against people, which is all that truly matters with a fighting game. I bought it in the hopes that the online would be enjoyable enough - all that talk about them working on new netcode for the game got me excited and I bought into the hype.

Of course, they did not deliver. Netcode was atrocious, downright embarassing. They mention a netcode patch, and it takes months to get it out on the 360. Long after everyone's forgotten about the game, the patch finally hits. I got excited and held on to that last sliver of hope that this magical patch would make the online play good. Naturally I got on and looked for someone to play, and online was of course a barren wasteland - who in their right mind would still be playing this online, except for those people that care way too much about online leaderboards? When I found someone to play it was a red 1-bar connection, and still laggy as hell.

I didn't want to give up just yet. The next day I informed a friend who also got suckered into buying the game that the netcode was patched. Said friend lives approximately 5 miles away. Surely two people in the same city could have an enjoyable online experience. Imagine my surprise when I saw that he was a yellow 2-bar connection - can't even get a blue connection to someone who lives 5 miles away (yes, we have ports open and all that junk, no neither of us have shitty internet). We play a few games, and it felt like a 2-bar connection on SF4 - VERY noticeable lag that makes you play the game in a completely different way that was intended. What a fucking joke. Haven't bothered playing it online since.

The game is dead. It's dead in America, dead in Asia, dead in Europe, dead whereever you live. MAYBE you'll be able to find a couple KOF fans to play with locally, otherwise you have a $60 training mode game. When it comes down to it, this game has no future.

So the game is dead, and pretty much everyone has moved on, and now all of a sudden they're selling music packs for the game?

What.
The.
Fuck?

WHY? Why on Earth would I want to spend $4 to download new music for a game NOBODY is playing? I already got ripped off buying the game in the first place, and now they're making one last cash grab... considering the game came with very little (and completely unremarkable) music, wouldn't it have been better to include all this stuff with the game in the first place just as a little extra? Instead they want me to pay money to add music for a game nobody is playing, when I could do the same exact thing for free with custom soundtracks if I actually had any reason to play the game now.

Suck my dick, SNKP.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am pretty much in the boycott circle for SNKP right now. I was a sucker for buying this shit, I did many write ups about its horrid online, which was the reason most bought the fucker anyways. I practiced in training getting some shit down, waiting for that patch that would fix everything, no result. Its no joke that everyone is pissed at SNKP for this disaster and blatant disrespect for a foreign market by doing seemingly zero testing of our typical set ups over here before releasing this garbage can.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
WAIT UNTIL KOF XIII!!!!!!

THIS GAME IS A STEPPING STONE TO KOF XIII!!!! THAT MEANS IT'S OKAY FOR KOF XII TO BE A COMPLETE SHITBOX GAME!!!!

THEY'RE A SMALL COMPANY!!!! THEY DON'T HAVE CAPCOM'S MONEY!!! STOP HATING!!!!

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Cry moar guys?

unbelievable, really. Especially Taiso.

Man , i don't know, i m sorry its gotten so bad for you :( ; i really start to feel someday we ll read of a guy that slaughtered all of SNKPs employee using a neogeo stick , and that guy will be you.

Cheer up bro ok:)?

Be glad you didn't buy SVC on release like i did , you would be a serial killer by now

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I DID buy SVC Chaos on release day for US AES.

I didn't feel as ripped off back then as I do over KOF XII.

And please don't worry for me. I asure you, I am very happy right now. I just got done playing Assassin's Creed II and loved every minute of it. It was a sheer joy to play and I'm quite enthused about gaming in general right now. I don't need to cheer up.

I need for SNK-P to fix KOF XII. If you can't do that for them, then there is nothing you can do to help the situation.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I DID buy SVC Chaos on release day for US AES.

I didn't feel as ripped off back then as I do over KOF XII.

And please don't worry for me. I asure you, I am very happy right now. I just got done playing Assassin's Creed II and loved every minute of it. It was a sheer joy to play and I'm quite enthused about gaming in general right now. I don't need to cheer up.

I need for SNK-P to fix KOF XII. If you can't do that for them, then there is nothing you can do to help the situation.

Ok, i guess that left a permanent scar on your heart .

I reacted refusing svc ever existed, while you acknowledged it as a real game . Two ways of escaping reality. I understand you more now, brother.

By the way AC2 is awesome:) , i agree

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
If only I could escape from the reality that SNK-P is releasing useless DLC for a shitbox game no one cares about anymore.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
If only I could escape from the reality that SNK-P is releasing useless DLC for a shitbox game no one cares about anymore.

Oh but its quite easy;)

play local

oh, and don't buy that DLC , it really is useless.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
You can 't locally play a dead game no one cares about. It would be easier to find some sad sack sitting in a lobby for KOF XII online, waiting for other sad sacks to find them. If SNK-P would have released a competent product, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

And I'll never pay for that DLC.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I like SNKP's music, generally. XII's soundtrack is not bad. The samples I heard sounded good. I might try one for at least one of the consoles.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just to show you my hate is not all encompassing, I actually don't mind the music in XII, even though I find it as lacking in identity and soul as the characters and backgrounds. It's not bad music. I'd have probably liked it more if the game would have been a better experience.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
There's not much reason to play this game locally when you could be playing 98UM or 2002UM instead.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I don't have 2k2 Um ( did it come out in the US ? ), but i enjoy 98Um local play too :)

kofxii is a nice game to play , that doesn't mean i ll stop playing 98um or vanilla 2k2 .
And the fact that those two games are really good, doesn't mean i can't enjoy the nice gameplay of KOF XII .

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SVC chaos was a good game, it just didnt get enough bug testing and combo limitations. Its ashame really. If that game had been in the oven a few more months, it'd be a total classic today. Playable sub bosses ruined SVC chaos completely.

KOF XII has deeper then gameplay then people realize, but it doesnt matter cuz theres no comp.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I would pay for the music if it came with a netcode fix.

But that's the only way.