MVS-MV1FZ help

StAnToN

n00b
hi m8s

can anyone help me im a completely newbie just getting into arcade collecting got myself a 1 slot MVS board off ebay for £50.00 which i thought was pretty cheap first i had probs with the sound but i found out that i hadnt pushed my jamma connecter forward enough on it, but i looks a bit on the wonk not sure why.

the problem im having is at the top of the sreen there seems to be a glitch where it jumps slightly to the left every couple of secs anyone know what this might be or do you think ive picked up a dodgy board?

thanks

StAnToN
multi_co

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This is in an arcade cabinet, right? I'm no expert, but sometimes when my board is outputting jumpy video I can fix it one of two ways:
Adjust the voltage a little higher;
Adjust the Vertical Hold on the monitor (BUT in your case you'd want to adjust the Horizontal Hold).

Briggs and ttooddddyy can probably help you out. And, welcome to the boards!

<small>[ May 01, 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: DanAdamKOF ]</small>

StAnToN

n00b
hi m8

sorry i should have said this is connected to a supergun through scart to a 14inch tv.

thanks

StAnToN

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
ohh scart.... man why can't we have such a good connection on our tellies here in the USA. Blimey, you blokes have it so good, being able to make such a cheap supergun because SCART is allready native RGB...

Good luck on getting it working!

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
StAnToN:
hi m8

sorry i should have said this is connected to a supergun through scart to a 14inch tv.

thanks

StAnToN
What vintage is the set ? What model.
Sounds like a horizontal sync timebase issue.

StAnToN

n00b
hi ttooddddyy

its this one: <a href="http://www.hardmvs.com/html/MV-1FZ.htm" target="_blank">http://www.hardmvs.com/html/MV-1FZ.htm</a>

cant tell you much else as bought off someone else on ebay it has a SP-S2 bios chip.

thanks

StAnToN

StAnToN

n00b
its

just a normal daewoo 14inch tv its gotta be the board somehow as my other jamma boards dont do that just the MVS board.

thanks

StAnToN