Rumor: Ray Young (!Arcade!) is back?

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
So I've noticed all these high quality reproduction AES art sets popping up on eBay and figured that they were all created by some new counterfeiter in Europe.

My new theory is that Ray Young, or someone that worked with him is selling fake artwork to people in France. Ray has the know-how to make near-oem art sets, PLUS, the back side of this Ganryu manual (from ebay) happens to say "http://www.neo-geo.com", indicating that it's perhaps being made from the same place that did the old !Arcade! production run.

ganyru_1.jpg

Ganryu Art Auction
Ninja Masters
Prehistoric Isle 2
Gururin
Quiz Chibi

Discuss

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Good find, that is very, very interesting --especially with this site's URL on the inserts! I know Shawn had some official reprints of later games that were already released on home cart (so people could match spines), but none were ever made for the MVS conversions.

I wonder if it is the scumbag from the Toronto-area known as Ray Young (!Arcade!).

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
I own the !Arcade! release of Stikers 1945 and it has this site's URL on the back of the manual too. I believe that nearly all of the !Arcade! releases have the url on the manual, except perhaps Dodgeball and Prehistoric Isle 2. Perhaps someone that owns the other games could chime in

neilcowan

n00b
Just read the original thread (happened after I left the neo scene) and kinda shocked me as I had dealings with arcade back in the day.

aria

Former Moderator
Just read the original thread (happened after I left the neo scene) and kinda shocked me as I had dealings with arcade back in the day.

That's part of how he was able to scam two major dealers: he had a good rep, then decided to have one (presumably) last "the hell with you, I'm out" scam before he retired.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I wonder if Vinh has PTSD from this.