NGPC Broken? New owner requests help!

F

fippo

Hello all,
Today I purchased a NGPC with a "Match of the Millenium" cartridge from someone at work. He said it had been working fine, but lately it's not booting. So I said I'd be happy to give him a couple bucks for it. I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to get it working, maybe the little battery wasn't working. Well, I have no clue what's wrong with this thing. When I turn on the system, it'll show the beginning animation, and then go to a black and white picture of the game characters all sad and stuff. There's an area near the bottom where text would go, but I can't see it unless I turn off the system, then it flashes on the screen too briefly to be read. I tried putting fresh batteries (AA, not the lithium one), and checked online, but I can't find anything on how to fix it. I can access the system screen with the calendar and such, but the game won't play. Can anyone here help? Thanks in advance.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Can you try a different game? Just to verify that the system is bad, not the cartridge. Have you tried cleaning the cart contacts?