Can anyone confirm whether US KOF XII 360 is compatible with a Japanese 360?

firenze

n00b
The reason I ask is that many 360 games, often ones that will be popular in Japan, are region locked when released in the west so they'll only work in US consoles. Dead or Alive 4 and pretty much anything from Koei are examples. The other way around, many Japanese publishers region lock their Japan-exclusive games (most of the noteworthy shooters on the system, for instance).

I have a Japanese 360 that sits near my Neo setup, mainly because it's near a monitor that I can rotate to play vertical shooters in the proper setup. I'm kinda wanting to get a second copy of KOF XII to play in my usual Neo space. I already have the PS3 version, which I play in the living room... but why not get the 360 one too, huh? Owning multiple ports of KOF games (many of which I own AES carts of too) is no new thing to me ;)

So... can anyone confirm whether they have actually played a US copy of the game on a Japanese Xbox 360? I can get the US version cheaper than the JPN one, so if it works I'll do it that way. If not, I'll probably import.

Thanks!

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
This thread doesn't belong in News & Rumors.

But to answer your question, the US version of KoF XII is region-free.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Another confirmation for you; I also have a Japanese 360 and the U.S. version runs on it. Very few American games tend to be region-locked these days. The ones from EA, Koei, and Bethesda seem to be the majority of them.