Problem solved!

I'dBuyThatForADollar

Crazed MVS Addict
Okay, I just got a cheap JAMMA board (Kuri Kinton) because I am still waiting to get my 4-slot Neo Geo board. I plugged it in and everything works fine except there is no sound. Could this be because the wiring of the JAMMA harness is different for the Kuri Kinton board than it is for the board that was in the cab previously?

I know the speakers work fine because the person I bought the cab from showed me that they worked with Tekken Tag, but they had to use an adaptor because the sound from that board uses RCA jacks (they also gave me the adaptor in case I ever wanted to use it).

Since I know the speakers work, I am guessing that it is either a wiring problem or the board doesn't work properly.

Thanks to all those that (hopefully) reply

<small>[ July 17, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: I'dBuyThatForADollar ]</small>

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
You might want to make sure first if there is a knob that controls the volume on the game is turned up.

If that isnt the case, alot of older jamma boards loose sound after many years of use. The capicators for the sound section go bad and need to be replaced, but isnt worth the trouble on most cheap jamma board.

My advice to you is to hum a theme sutaible to the game, and make up your own sound effects.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
First check the on board volume pot setting.
Also the 12 volt rail, if that was missing you may get perfect video but no audio, some boards also require -5 volts for the sound op-amps(I dont think this one does)?
To confirm the audio output stage is working I usually touch the pins on the audio output IC, you should get a buzz or hum from the speakers if that stage is working.
If not, it may be the IC itself,or maybe electro caps dried out.

I'dBuyThatForADollar

Crazed MVS Addict
Don't wanna sound like an idiot, but what's the audio IC? This is my first cab, so I am slowly learning more and more about it as time progresses.

Also, I have searched and searched, but I can't find anything that adjusts the volume on the cab itself. Where should I look?

<small>[ July 17, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: I'dBuyThatForADollar ]</small>

I'dBuyThatForADollar

Crazed MVS Addict
I needed to wire the speaker wires to one speaker since jamma runs on mono and neo runs on stereo. The person who sold me the cab helped me out since they knew what to do and they were online last night.