mvs carts in different colors? why?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
REMEMBER!!!! I AM NEW ON THE MVS SCENE!!!!!

So please bare with me :D
-------------------------

I was looking at an ebay auction for shock troopers 2 and the cart was black. Then it comes in the mail and it's blue. Also, I saw a few other auctions with the blue mvs cart for this game.

what's the deal? boots?

this may be a stupid question, but hey...I want to know and this is the best place to ask.

so what's the deal with different color carts of the same game? Japanese and US versions? Both labels were in English....

can someone explain this to me?
--------------------------------------------------

While I am on the subject, why do they use different color carts at all? Piracy? just because? or is there no good reason?

Just wondering glee

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: NGT ]</small>

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
cause people want color when paying $350+ for a game!

There isnt any functional reason for the different colors, it just makes them pretty!

I'dBuyThatForADollar

Crazed MVS Addict
clear-cased games are the best in my opinion cuz they are the easiest to tell if they are legit carts. By the way, the color of the case doesn't determine if a game is a boot or not, as they can be switched. As people say, it's what's on the inside that counts!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'dBuyThatForADollar:
clear-cased games are the best in my opinion cuz they are the easiest to tell if they are legit carts. By the way, the color of the case doesn't determine if a game is a boot or not, as they can be switched. As people say, it's what's on the inside that counts!
Ah but dont forget a few carts were only released in a specific color! Super Dodgeball i believe is one but i'm not 100% sure.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Does anyone know if the original color of Shock Troopers 2 is blue?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
The most common color for ST2 is black. Anyway, there's no real reason for all the different colors out there, it's just fun, my MVS collection looks like the rainbow! :)

BTW NGT, please remove that gif from your sig, it's 375 kb and takes forever to load. Thanks in advance.

neoty26

Not so MEGA, eh?
They make all the MVS cases seprately in diffrent batches, with diffrent colors in them, that is what I think.

Medaka

King of the Salsa Sharks, ,
Cuz this is the guy in charge of it.
lowell,chris.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
to help the prevention of bootlegging,

i.e matrimelee = yellow and so on.

Freelancer

Banned
NGT said:
Does anyone know if the original color of Shock Troopers 2 is blue?

My Shocktroopers 2 is blue and I bought it as a brand new kit. Legit all the way.

I've seen ST2 in black cases as well.