MV-1FZ vs MV-1C

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
the mv-1c won't have problems with rage of the dragons, but you'll have to mod the board, if you'd like to use the uni-bios. it's also more expensive.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Another difference is that on the MV1C the cart goes vertically (like a megadrive) while in a MV1FZ goes horizontally.

Check <a href="http://www.hardmvs.com/html/PCBcompare.htm" target="_blank">http://www.hardmvs.com/html/PCBcompare.htm</a>

AGA

n00b
I know for Horizontaly Vs verticaly, and Socketed bios vs Soldered One

But is there a better One, really better?
(robust, comptatibility or something?)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
AGA:
I know for Horizontaly Vs verticaly, and Socketed bios vs Soldered One

But is there a better One, really better?
(robust, comptatibility or something?)
Those are the most important differences. If used well they should be equal robust. About compatibility, maybe (still unconfirmed) ROTD would work better in a MV1C, and that's all.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
arakon is selling his rotd, 'cause it didn't work with his mv-1fz. afaik.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
supergoose79:
arakon is selling his rotd, 'cause it didn't work with his mv-1fz. afaik.
The fact that HIS cart didn't work in HIS FZ doesn't necessarily mean that ALL carts don't work in ANY FZ, although it definately is a signal that it COULD not work. If you analyse the reports about compatibility with ROTD, you'll find that there have been contradictory ones.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
i know, but it seems to be very likely, that it won't work. at least there's a lot of negative feedback.

edit : same goes for the 1F board. some guys said, that it works on their boards, but you just can't be 100% sure.

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: supergoose79 ]</small>

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
supergoose79:
i know, but it seems to be very likely, that it won't work. at least there's a lot of negative feedback.

edit : same goes for the 1F board. some guys said, that it works on their boards, but you just can't be 100% sure.
Yep, you can't never be 100% sure til you try it. In fact I've played the game in a MV1F with no prob at a friend's house, and the game works perfect in my MV1A. Yet you can't even be sure that it'll work in a multi-slot, as I think somebody reported problems in one of those too.

This game is like the Russian Roulette... loco

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu Yet you can't even be sure that it'll work in a multi-slot, as I think somebody reported problems in one of those too.
i think, it was nruva, who had a problem with a rotd cart and his 4-slot.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, ResOGlass said he had trouble with a 6 slot...

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004952;p=3" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004952;p=3</a>

At the beginning it was thought that it only had trouble in certain 1-slots, but that has been proven wrong... annoyed

In any case, and to go back on topic, I would go for a MV1FZ, mostly because it should be cheaper and the unibios is a must. In fact, I prefer to have the carts inserted horizontally, that way it takes less room. And if ROTD doesn't work then bad luck, there are a ton of better games for even cheaper prices anyway.

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Amano Jacu ]</small>

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
RotD has *minor* probs in my 4 slot... like if you put it into slot 1 the MVS just skips past it when you turn on, although you can still get to it by pressing select a few times. Also, sometimes when you switch to it the sound goes off, but if you turn the MVS on/off it works fine. I know my cart is legit though, as it was bought from the Neostore, and it is the only game that ever has this problem.

The game always had the reset prob on my MV-1, and I lent the cart to Razoola for a while and he had the same problem with his MV-1F.

Kaz

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
My ROTD (from the NeoStore) works fine in my 2 slot with original English bios. I haven't tried it yet with a second cart in the system, but it works great otherwise. Can't say I much like that cheeeeeze combo system though. Feels like I am playing Killer Instinct, but without the koll characters. RAHAHAHHAHA

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
broken:
My ROTD (from the NeoStore) works fine in my 2 slot with original English bios. I haven't tried it yet with a second cart in the system, but it works great otherwise. Can't say I much like that cheeeeeze combo system though. Feels like I am playing Killer Instinct, but without the koll characters. RAHAHAHHAHA
Yeah, the actual game plays fine, it just has those very minor probs sometimes, although a few other people have told me the same thing has happened to them with other games, so maybe it's just an MVS issue? :)

Anyway (going off topic again for a sec), I should probably send you some pics of my consolized 4-slot for the sgrepository... after I've taken a few pics is it ok to email them over?

Kaz

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Kazuya_UK:
Anyway (going off topic again for a sec), I should probably send you some pics of my consolized 4-slot for the sgrepository... after I've taken a few pics is it ok to email them over?

Kaz
Yeah thats cool. Send them when you have a chance.

neoty26

Not so MEGA, eh?
The neostore has MV-1C, I just ordered one, it should get here tomarrow!!!!! multi_co :D multi_co :D