AES Bios question - How many different AES bios versions?

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
While I no longer have an AES, my experience with the AES has been that you are almost always given a difficulty select when starting the game as well as a limited number of credits.
However, I was recently playing on a friends system and on his AES no difficulty selection was present and we had access to unlimited credits. We played several games but the one that stood out was Ghost Pilots; I had that cart during my time with the AES and I know for a fact that I had a difficulty select and limited credits.
His system is a later model (don't have the serial number handy but I can get it). He bought it as NOS (I'll have to get the info from him later). But I know he is running a stock bios; there haven't been any system modifications.

My question: Is this difference the result of some later bios revision? If so, is there any info about how this bios works? What difficulty is the system defaulting to?

If there is a thread about different AES bios versions, I missed it. Apologies if so, and thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited: