They can suck it and carry on sucking it

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow, I wish more coaches would do this.

Diego Maradona Tells Press To ‘Suck It’ After Argentina Triumph
The Albiceleste boss chose not to sit back and quietly revel in his team's success.
Oct 15, 2009 6:58:23 AM

Diego Maradona slammed journalists after Argentina qualified for the World Cup finals with victory over Uruguay on Wednesday evening.

The outspoken Albiceleste coach was delighted to be able to answer all the criticism that has been aimed at him by the press as Argentina secured a dramatic win in Montevideo to take his country to South Africa next summer.

Six points from the last two qualifiers saw Argentina through to the finals and allowed Maradona to hit back.

"They can suck it and carry on sucking it," he fumed in the press conference after the dramatic win. "This is for all Argentines, minus the journalists.

"I want to thank my players for qualifying because they played like men and today they consecrated me as a coach.

"I also want to dedicate this to the whole of Argentina, to my family too, but there is one group who do not deserve this because they have treated me like rubbish.

"We were careful in this game because there were two results needed, but we won against a great team and achieved our objective."

Maradona also rubbish accusations that some of Argentina's players are only concerned about money and that he had fallen out with former national team boss Carlos Bilardo, with whom he celebrated on the pitch in Uruguay.

"Various players earned a mountain of money because they gave everything for the shirt. Thanks to their endeavors, we have qualified on merit," he said.

"[The papers] invented fights with Bilardo, amongst other things.

"I don't usually read the newspapers or listen to sports programs but my daughters do and they told me what had been said about me. So, I repeat, to all those that said anything against me, keep eating your words.

"I am very proud of my players. They made me feel like a real coach because all of what we had planned in dressing room, they did it on the pitch."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
lol "consecrated".

Ah well, Uruguay isn't that strong a team anyway.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dunga is doing better than Maradona.

And he's doing it with some local players. Sad to see that Maradona can't do the same. If Maradona wants to have a good team, he'd have to pull all the players in European leagues.