SENGOKU U.S Aes Label

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just noticed this today after having this aes cart for so long. There seems to be a label on top of another label. What is up with that? Everything looks legit as far as the instruction manual and case insert go's.

I bought this brand new from a ebay seller about 2 years ago. I forget who the seller was but I can find out by looking in my feedback page. I forget whether it was classic gaming source or someone else.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
From what I have heard, SNK would relabel games for the US market if they had extra JPN versions hanging out.

They just put a new cart label over the old one. Why they never peeled the original off, who knows?

SNK was pretty bad at labeling. I have a KOF 98 AES cart w/ a label that is nowhere near centered. They just weren't that good at dealing w/ their labels

I wouldnt worry too much about it. If someone was doing a conversion, they would be smart enough to ditch the original label

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
It's less common, but some Japanese games have JP labels placed over an orginal English label. My JP Andro Dunos has this.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I like the double label. Its an oddity, and while that doesnt make it worth any more, its interesting to say the least

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
My copy of Magician Lord has two labels on it as well. at first i was like aw man... this ain't right. but then i thought to myself, who would bootleg Magician Lord and what purpose would a illegitimate copy of the game serve (seemed like a lot of trouble for someone to go through for absolutely nothing)? so then i was like eh. my copy of Magician Lord has two labels :D

mine is a US label over a Japanese one.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thanks for the info guys. I've never seen a double label before. As long as it's legit, it's all good.