Slug3 MVS in AES mode - Unibios problem?

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
Ok, so my cousin wanted to play Slug3 today right after I had been playing MOTW in console mode (best for dueling). He doesn't know what the unibios is so he just popped in the game without thinking of anything. The demo mode played fine, and so did the character select (selected character with button A) but when actually playing the game the only thing he was possible to do was running backa and forth. So when the giant lobsters (or whatever) killed him he pressed start and then used a non-start button to select a character and everything was smooth. And then he could't shoot or jump or anything again. Weird... Maybe a phantom-1 protection?

HPMAN

UI resident
How would they build a protection for something that didn't existed at that time ? shame

You encountered some glitch in any way, if you can't reproduce this, it's almost certain you won't encounter it anymore.

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
Highly reproducable. I use Unibios 1.2 BETA. And sorry for not knowing about when the Phantom-1 was first available. I got my MV-1F about two-three months ago.

HPMAN

UI resident
Eh, no problem about this phantom thing :)

Does the bug occurs with standard MVS bios ?

Devilman78

Camel Slug
This happens to me also, only in console mode on a MVS 1 slot with a Unibios.

The only way I have gotten around it is resetting the A B C D buttons in the options menu.

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yeah I've had the same issue after testing it just now on my MV-1FZ with UniBIOS 1.1 and it seems that all the settings have strange defaults in the options menus like 0 lives and 'easy' instead of the usual 'normal' difficulty. Also all the actions, shoot, jump, grenade, metal slug attack are all set to 'A' button, but if ya change em to the appropriate button for each it works fine! Maybe Raz can fix this issue when he releases the final cut of UniBIOS 1.2!!! Interesting issue! I don’t tend to use the NGH/AES mode that much anyway so I may never have even noticed! I'm sure Raz would be interested to hear about it none the less! eek!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
A yes this problem.... Someone did tell me about this before but I totally forgot about it.

Basically the game does not set up the backup sram data correctly for console mode if the game is first run and backupdata is setup from within MVS mode.

There is a couple of solutions for this;

1) Simply set up the game controllers and other incorrect settings in the console mode option menus.

2) Clear the backupram from MVS testmode and then put the system into console mode before allowing the game to run the first time.

I don't think there is any way I can fix this problem but I will add something about it in the UNIVERSE BIOS FAQ.

Raz

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
In fact, I think I had more or less the same problem with Metal Slug X in home mode.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
yup it affects mslugx and mslug4

Raz