New Metal Slug game for PSP

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Revealed in the latest Famitsu.

What's known so far :

Title is "Metal Slug XX", there'll be new enemies, multiple paths through 7 stages, 4 playable characters, 2 player co-op via ad-hoc, and the return of the Combat School mode. Release date is December 23rd. Supposedly a new game in the series, but looks more like a remake of MS7.

Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRgofeoQQwU

Last edited:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
You should rename the thread to Metal Slug XX.

Also, there is a trailer for it up on You Tube.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Looks decent (youtube trailer) but also looks like a complete re-use of all the existing sprites

Fett

Camel Slug
ZOMG, with this and Pace Walker my PSP will finally see some play after about 2 years.

Here's a link to the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRgofeoQQwU

Now that I think about it, the last two original properties to come out of SNK were The Last Blade back in late 1997 and (ugh) Doki Doki Maho Shinpan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but (excluding cell phone games, 3D remakes and dating sims) it's been nothing but KOF and Metal Slug ever since Playmore took charge. Again, I'm fairly certain I'm missing a couple original titles (excluding sequels, crossovers and third-party titles like Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee).

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
from 2006-now:

Metal Slug 6
KOF Maximum Impact
Metal Slug 7
KOF XII
KOF XI
Samurai Showdown EoD
Metal Slug XX
___________ remakes.

well at least there's a samurai showdown game in there.... :oh_no:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Now that I think about it, the last two original properties to come out of SNK were The Last Blade back in late 1997 and (ugh) Doki Doki Maho Shinpan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but (excluding cell phone games, 3D remakes and dating sims) it's been nothing but KOF and Metal Slug ever since Playmore took charge. Again, I'm fairly certain I'm missing a couple original titles (excluding sequels, crossovers and third-party titles like Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee).

Tsukibito and Kimi no Yuusha

http://lab.tsukibito.com/

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kimino_yusha/

Oh, and it's Doki Doki "Majo" Shinpan, and I happen to think the series is pretty good.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
MS7 Remake? Is this true? God, are they still trying to shill their product after the colossal betrayal that was KOF XII?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
A remix version of one of the worst games I've played in recent memory?

No one should be excited for this aside from the tards starved for anything 2D regardless of quality.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wow, I almost got excited till I saw the trailer and saw stages from 7 with different enemy placement and power ups. I'll just wait for them to port it on the 360 so I can play it with friends online.

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
A remix version of one of the worst games I've played in recent memory?

No one should be excited for this aside from the tards starved for anything 2D regardless of quality.

Yeah, the title got me excited, since I was thinking "Hey, maybe they are releasing a new game in the series that remixes all the best stuff and doesn't suck."

MS7 was not the best way to spend $30 and I wasn't very happy when it got a $10 price drop a month afterward. Pass on this port.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
It's cool that they are doing another Metal Slug X type game, but it's with MS7 as the base which is easily the worst entry in the series. :P Maybe they felt they had a lot to fix? This is probably the least excited I've ever been for a Metal Slug title.

The KOF/MS whoring is wearing thin on me. I realize they are trying to stay afloat more than anything, but SNK has sooo many great IPs to work with. I imagine a game like Mark of the Wolves 2 has potential to be more successful than anything KOF or MS.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
where can I pre-order this title? Neither Play-Asia nor NCSX has this title for pre-order.